“Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg.
In this Must Know…
- Small Business Saturday is November 28!
- Holiday Gift Guide 2020
- Donate to CAMEO this Giving Tuesday
- Join our upcoming regional member meetings: for Northern California on December 3 and for the Sacramento Area on December 8.
- Join our next Train-the-Trainer webinar for the California Rebuilding Fund on December 4, 2020 at 11:30am PST.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the Economic Mobility Corps initiative between AmeriCorps and the CDFI Fund.
Small Business Saturday
The holidays are around the corner. This year more than ever, it’s important to support small businesses. Let’s work together to promote safe holiday shopping at small businesses in our communities, all season long.
American Express’ Shop Small Studio helps businesses prepare early to serve their customers on November 28 for Small Business Saturday and all season long – including marketing materials like storefront signage, website banners, and social posts.
Promote these resources to your clients using the Small Business Saturday Coalition Toolkit, which contains social media assets, sample emails, a press kit, and other content.
Let us know where you shopped small by posting on our Facebook Page.
Holiday Gift Guide 2020
Another way to support the small businesses you work with is by showcasing their products and services to your audience. Many CAMEO members put together guides of their small business clients to make it easy to find the perfect gift for family and friends while keeping our local economies alive.
CAMEO is compiling a list of holiday gift guides. If your organization has one and would like us to add it, please email Daniela.
This season, we are thankful for all our members and partner organizations that have come together to meet the challenge of supporting small businesses during these unprecedentedly difficult times.
Help us continue this great work on this year’s Giving Tuesday, December 1st. Your donation will make it possible for our members to help small businesses, entrepreneurs, and the self-employed survive, thrive, and build wealth in their communities.
Research & Resources
- The Aspen Institute published The State of Financial Security 2020: A Framework for Recovery and Resilience.
- Rent reporting can help small business owners develop credit. Download NALCAB’s best practices guide.
For Your Clients
- Salesforce is offering San Francisco-based small businesses grants of up to $10,000. Applications close November 25, 2020.
- Shopify is committing nearly $130 million to Operation HOPE’s One Million New Black Business & New Black Entrepreneurship Initiative.
- The Economic Mobility Corps initiative will place AmeriCorps Members at certified CDFIs over the next two years. Applications to be part of this program are due January 6, 2021.
- The NALCAB Rural Capacity Building Program provides short-term, 0% interest lending capital to nonprofits serving LMI rural communities.
- A Not So Goodie: Some members have received unsolicited emails offering a list of CAMEO leads. This is spam and is in no way associated with CAMEO or our partners.
- Jobs: The Runway Project, Kitchen Table Advisors, and Women’s Economic Ventures announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!