We work hard on behalf of our members to ensure the sustainability and growth of micro-business development. We have supported bills, testified in hearings, and even sponsored a bill or two. We organize members’ advocacy activities with their elected members of Congress and the state legislature.
Legislative consultants in Sacramento and Washington, D.C. keep us abreast of and advocate for the latest policies and funding developments that support a healthy entrepreneurial ecosystem, especially for underserved and underinvested in entrepreneurs of color.
Policies and Goals Critical to Micro-business
- Responsible business lending and access to capital
- Supporting micro-business owners in the gig economy
- Micro-business procurement
- Additional funding for state and federal small business lending and economic development programs
- Increased private capital for microfinancing of very small businesses
- Funding for training and business technical assistance
- Research, data collection and dissemination of information to promote microfinance and business training to government officials
- Other issues that benefit small and micro-businesses and CAMEO members
California Government Resources
Association for Enterprise Opportunity is the national version of CAMEO and also advocates at the national level for the microbusiness sector and is a resource.