LAST UPDATED AND EFFECTIVE DATE: MAY 5, 2021
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy, including its applicable limitations on damages and provisions the resolution of disputes.
- The Information We Collect About You
- Information We Collect Directly From You
- Information We Collect Automatically
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Third Party Analytics
- Third Party Links
- Security of My Personal Information
- What Rights Do I have Regarding My Personal Information?
- What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information for Marketing?
- Location of Information
- Information Regarding Children
- Contact Us
- Changes to this Policy
The Information We Collect About You
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services. The categories of personal information we may collect depend on whether you are, for example, a member, applicant, donor or visitor, and the requirements of applicable law.
Information We Collect Directly From You
You may browse certain areas of the Site without registering with us or providing us with personal information. Nevertheless, on the Site, we may collect your personal information such as your name, affiliation/company, email address, address and/or professional interests. Additionally, if you apply to become a member of CAMEO, we may collect information from you such as your company affiliation, address, phone number and organizational information. Next, if you provide a donation to CAMEO through the Site, we may collect your name, credit card information, billing address and contact information, as well as your PayPal login information if you choose to donate through PayPal. Further, if you apply for our CAMEO Newsletter, we may collect your name, email and company affiliation. The Services may also allow visitors and others to communicate with CAMEO directly using our email address or other features. Our servers may record, and we may retain, records of the content of any such communications.
In addition, we collect your personal information in the following other ways:
Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
Social Media Content. We may offer forums, blogs, or social media pages. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered “public” and is not subject to privacy protections.
In addition, if you are providing personal information for third parties in connection with using our Services, you are responsible for ensuring that you have all required permissions and consents to provide such personal information to us for use in connection with the Services and that our use of such personal information to provide the Services does not violate any applicable law, rule, regulation or order.
Information We Collect Automatically
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services. We may use your information to communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other purposes related to the Services.
- Improve and develop our Services. We may use your information to ensure our Site and Services are working as intended, to better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to make improvements to our Services, to develop new Services, and for other research and analytical purposes. We may use browser-IP-address information and anonymous-browser history to report information about site accesses and for statistical purposes. This information is generally used to improve web presentation and utilization. Administrators of the Site may use IP address information for troubleshooting purposes.
- News and information. We may use your data for informational purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters or to otherwise contact you about information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Consent. Where you have provided consent, we may share your information, including Personal Information, as described at the time of consent.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries solely for the purpose of providing Services to you; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be maintained by such affiliates and subsidiaries in accordance with this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or are in negotiations for any of these types of transactions, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users and their use of the Services with third parties and publicly for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Please note that except as noted above, we will not sell or share your personal information with any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling will impair use of the Site and Services.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others allow us to track your activities at our Site and Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We may use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online activity and requests and verify your identity as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We may use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
In addition to cookies, we may also use the following types of technologies:
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page.
- Embedded Scripts. Embedded scripts are programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device from our server or a third party service provider and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Services.
- Flash & HTML5. We may use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content, information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML5 & Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies may not be able to browse certain areas of the Site or use the Services.
Third Party Analytics
Third Party Links
Our Site and Services may contain links to third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
What Rights Do I Have Regarding My Personal Information
You may request access, a copy, modification or deletion of personal information that you have submitted to us by contacting us at cameo@CAMEOnetwork.org. We will use reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests to the extent required by law, provided that we may be required to retain personal information to comply with legal obligations, accounting requirements, or for other business purposes. We may request additional information to verify the identity of the requesting party before responding to a request. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information for Marketing?
If you have signed up to our mailing list, we may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Location of Information
Our Site and Services are offered from the United States. We store any information we collect in the United States. If you access the Services or Site from outside the United States, you agree to the transfer of your information to the United States, which may have less protections for your personal information than your jurisdiction of residence.
Information Regarding Children
Our Site and Services are not designed for children under 13. Parents or legal guardians (“Parents”) must provide their verified consent for the collection, use or disclosure of a child’s personal information. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without the consent of their Parent, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at:
California Association for Micro Enterprise Opportunity
1 Hallidie Plaza, Suite 715
San Francisco, California 94102
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on the Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site or if you have signed up to receive newsletters or other items from us, providing notice to the email address provided.