The COVID-19 pandemic changed a lot of things for us – including our buying habits. Holiday shopping in 2020 started much earlier than usual. With the virus still spreading, many of us will be sending presents by mail so we have to make sure they arrive on time. We are also avoiding physical stores and are instead browsing through online retailers’ catalogs to find the perfect gift.
This year, it’s more important than ever to support small businesses. They have suffered greatly through the pandemic, the lockdowns, and the ensuing economic impact. Luckily, many CAMEO members are putting together guides and lists of their small business clients to make it as easy as possible to find the perfect gift for family and friends while keeping our local economies alive.
Here is a running list of holiday gift guides. If your organization has one and would like us to add it, please email Daniela.
- Accion Opportunity Fund Business Directory. Here you can find the perfect gift for your loved ones while shopping local.
- CDC Small Business Finance Holiday Food Gift Guide. CDC’s guide is full of yummy baked goods, craft coffee, cold-pressed juiceries, pho, sushi, pizza, grilled cheese, beer, wine, tea, beef jerky, chicken + waffles and more, all from their very own borrowers in California, Arizona and Nevada.
- Girl Gang Craft Gift Guide. This small business holiday gift guide features 150+ brands from the Bay Area and beyond.
- ICA Marketplace. The Marketplace features great local products and services from the entire ICA network of companies.
- Keep It Oakland Holiday Bazaar. The Oakland Indie Alliance will give local independently owned businesses half-hour blocks each, to take over the @KeepitOakland18 Instagram account and host a livestream of their choice on December 9, 2020.
- Pacific Community Ventures Small Business Holiday Gift Guide. PCV’s guide features small businesses from across the country and unique options from POC-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned businesses and more.
- Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center Holiday Shopping Guide. Renaissance’s guide features over 70 Bay Area Small Businesses that ship anywhere in the country.
- Sky’s the Limit’s Holiday Marketplace. This online event takes place December 10, 2020 from 4:00 to 6:00 pm PST.
- Small Business Majority Holiday Gift Guide. Here you will find more than 450 small businesses offering products and services for everyone on your gift list this year.
- TMC Community Capital Small Business Directory. TMC’s directory promotes safe online holiday shopping at small businesses in our communities.
- US Federation of Worker Cooperatives’ Shop Coop. Visit the USFWC’s site and find all kinds of products and services that make great gifts.
- Women’s Business Center at JEDI Local Marketplace. This guide features products from local businesses that are clients of the WBC.
- Women’s Economic Ventures Shop Local Market. WEV’s online shopping portal features more than 50 local, small businesses who are part of the WEV community.
- Working Solutions Client Directory. Shop local with Working Solutions’ directory of client businesses.
We met four great entrepreneurs at our Sacramento Region Member meeting – all young women making it happen for themselves and their families. They’re creating ethical, nourishing, local, and fun businesses.
- Disco Cloud. Fun, gawdy, minimal, and everywhere in between, Yuki’s jewelry reflects not only her eclectic personality, but represents the varioius moods in all of us. (Yuki Cloud, Founder)
- Sulh. Sulh is a store created to offer herbal wellness and care. (Ariana Ferguson, Founder)
- Vive Cosmetics. Vive Cosmetics is a Latina-owned and operated beauty brand created to celebrate our love for all things beauty and cultura in one place. (Leslie Valdivia, Co-founder)
- Wit and Whimsy Toys. This toy store is full of fun and unique toys for play and learning. (Megan Wyatt, Founder)