“History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.” – Maya Angelou
In this Must Know…
- Join MicroLending Essentials: Virtual 2020 from August 11 to September 15, 2020
- Join our Entrepreneurship Advantage Virtual Meetup on July 30, 2020 at 11:00am PDT.
- Race and Diversity Resources
- Big thanks to Claudia Viek for sponsoring Advocacy Day, which was a success because of you! Stay tuned for the recap next week!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is LCCR-SF’s Small Business Bankruptcy Webinar on July 29, 2020 at 10:00am PDT.
MicroLending Essentials: Virtual 2020
For the first time, CAMEO is offering the successful MicroLending Essentials training in an online format. Join our six two-hour online classes from August 11 to September 15, 2020.
Developed by Susan Brown, CAMEO’s VP of Capacity Building, this introductory training covers multiple analyses: global cash, credit history, debt-to-income and bank statements. Participants also underwrite and write credit memos for three actual microloan applications.
Susan developed this introductory training with input from some of the strongest lenders in the field today.
This class is normally offered at $500. We are pleased to offer it to you at a subsidized rate courtesy of the SBA PRIME program.
Entrepreneurship Advantage Virtual Meetup
Entrepreneurship Advantage is a collaborative of organizations working to build a strong entrepreneurial ecosystem in Los Angeles County.
EA is holding monthly virtual meetups to share COVID-19 resources and find ways to support each other.
The steering committee would like to extend the invitation to this month’s meeting to all our members. Join us for “Discrimination in Small Business Lending” on July 30, 2020 at 11:00am PDT. This is an important discussion that merits wider exposure and input from a variety of voices.
Race and Diversity Resources
America is going through a long-overdue reckoning on the impact of systemic racism on Black/minority individuals, small businesses, and communities.
As a statewide organization with hundreds of members, CAMEO is in a position of power to facilitate important conversations and advocate for change. We want to start by sharing resources that can be used to increase our understanding of these issues and how best to tackle them.
If you have research, programs, or other resources addressing these topics, let us know and we can include them on this page.
For Your Clients
- TMC Community Capital is launching a grant program for small businesses located in San Francisco, Oakland or Los Angeles. Applications are due August 14, 2020.
- Due to COVID-19, CalSavers’ deadline to sign up for businesses with 100+ employees has been extended to September 30, 2020.
- CDFA is collecting information for a W.K. Kellogg Foundation-founded initiative. If you operate or know of any loan funds focused on food and/or agriculture businesses, please contact Ariel Miller by July 31, 2020.
- The Federal Reserve COVID-19 CDFI Survey is live.
- Free Webinar: Join LCCR-SF for Small Business Bankruptcy Webinar on July 29, 2020 at 10:00am PDT to learn whether bankruptcy is a good option for struggling small business owners (geared toward business advisors).
- Jobs: California Reinvestment Coalition, the Northern California Land Trust, and Women’s Economic Ventures announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!