To create economic opportunity for entrepreneurs and small businesses in Los Angeles County by connecting human, technical, and capital resources through regional collaboration.
We are a collaborative of like-minded individuals who are passionate about helping entrepreneurs thrive in Los Angeles. We believe it takes a village to raise a small business.
The Entrepreneurship Advantage, Greater LA Region includes all organizations that are working with micro and small business owners— mission-based community lenders, small business assistance teams, banks investors, elected officials, incubators, co-working spaces, city and county economic development teams, and more.
CAMEO has over 30 members that offer services in LA County.
The Steering Committee defined the following goals to lead the work of the collaborative:
- Build a strong entrepreneurial ecosystem to serve the needs of business owners in Los Angeles County
- Share resources available in the network
- Increase awareness of services offered to entrepreneurs in Los Angeles County
- Increase capital to support entrepreneurs in Los Angeles County
Projects that are in the works:
- Identify lenders and the products they offer and produce a guide for business owners and to increase referrals between providers
- Identify business assistance providers and the services they offer and produce a guide to increase referrals between providers
- An interactive portal where business owners can easily be connected to resources that can help them with their business issues
Join us and find power in collaboration! Stay connected:
Steering Committee Members
Anna Marie Cruz
CDC Small Business Finance
El Camino SBDC
Bethel LA CDC
USC Office of Civic Engagement
Small Business Majority
In the Fall of 2018, a group of microlenders and small business assistance organizations formed the steering committee of the Entrepreneurship Advantage, Greater LA Region with the goal of learning more about each other and optimizing resources, so they could better serve the needs of the community.
Convenings & Meetups
- Spring E-Convening
- May Virtual Meetup: Collaborating in Uncertain Times
- June Virtual Meetup: Helping Riskier Businesses Access Capital
- July Virtual Meetup: Discrimination in Small Business Lending
- August Virtual Meetup: Designing Inclusive Products and Programs
- September Virtual Meetup: Supporting Women Entrepreneurs in a Female Recession