“Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg.
In this Must Know…
- Happy Holidays from the CAMEO family!
- COVID-19 Emergency Relief Package
- This week’s Goodie highlight is WeFunder’s XX Program.
2020 has not been an easy year, and the holidays are going to look a little different for most of us. But if there’s anything to celebrate, it’s all the collective efforts of our network as we adapted to a new (mostly virtual) normal and worked hard to shore up small businesses and entrepreneurs in their greatest time of need. We couldn’t have asked for better partners through this crisis.
As the Must Know signs off for the rest of the year, we want to remind you of a couple of things:
The Must Know will be back the week of January 4th. Until then, the CAMEO family wishes you a warm and joyous holiday full of love and health. See you in 2021!
COVID-19 Emergency Relief Package
Lawmakers have reached a deal on a $1.4 trillion omnibus funding bill combined with a nearly $900 billion stimulus package.
- The package includes $325 billion for small businesses, $12 billion for CDFIs and MDIs, among other provisions.
- The small business portion of the bill includes the Paycheck Protection Program, EIDL Advance Program, Microloan Program enhancements, debt relief, and more.
- U.S. House Committee on Financial Services Chairwoman, Maxine Waters, released a one-pager regarding supplementary CDFI funding for the relief bill.
- President Trump is expected to sign the bill in the coming days.
- The Greenlining Institute is now accepting applications for its 2021-22 Leadership Academy. The deadline is February 7 for Summer Associates and February 21 for Policy Fellowships.
- The CDFI Fund will expand target market eligibility for PPP lending.