“History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.” – Maya Angelou
In this Must Know…
- Upcoming CAMEO Events
- Promote Your Events with CAMEO
- CAMEO Members Working Hard and Smart
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the Ladies Who Launch Program for women entrepreneurs.
Upcoming CAMEO Events
- MiLEs is underway this week. If interested in attending our next class, email Melissa Cruz.
- CDFI Essentials also continues this week with our cohort of 12 lenders!
- 8/26 – Reopening the Workplace Webinar: Best Practices for California Nonprofit and Small Businesses
- 8/27 – Entrepreneurship Advantage, our Los Angeles Collaborative, discusses inclusive entrepreneurship
- 9/3 – Inland Empire Regional Meeting‘s theme is Micro Enterprise Creates Good Jobs
Promote Your Events with CAMEO
Many in-person events were canceled this year, but online programming is booming! Make sure the right people are aware of your virtual events – take advantage of CAMEO’s Industry Calendar.
CAMEO Members Working Hard and Smart
CAMEO member organizations have been working tirelessly in these times of national emergency to make sure small business owners and entrepreneurs get the help and resources they need most. Check out our latest CAMEO Blog to see what our members have been up to.
Make sure your hard work does not go unnoticed. Take our COVID-19 Response Survey so we can share our collective impact with funders, policymakers, and other stakeholders. The deadline is Friday, August 21, 2020.
- The Federal Reserve Bank of New York published Double Jeopardy: COVID-19’s Concentrated Health and Wealth Effects in Black Communities.
- A new report by Prosperity Now analyzes how the most vulnerable households are navigating the financial impact of COVID-19.