In this Must Know…
- January/February CAMEO Calendar
- California State Budget
- For Your Clients: Silver Lining Action Plan Program
- Please fill out the 2021 CAMEO Annual Impact Census by TOMORROW, January 13, 2023 to receive special bonuses!
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is a grant opportunity from the Minority Business Development Agency. Applications are due February 28, 2023.
January/February CAMEO Calendar
CAMEO is starting off the year with a bang, offering two great events for CDFIs plus a warm welcome to all our new members. Don’t miss out!
- On January 18, we are hosting a webinar on the CDFI Fund’s proposed changes to certification requirements.
- On January 25, we are hosting a webinar for our newest members on how to maximize their CAMEO membership
- January 31 is the deadline to register for the CDFI Essentials 2023 Cohort. The first session takes place February 16.
California State Budget FY2023
Governor Newsom’s proposed FY2023-24 budget will maintain funding for programs like the State Small Business Credit Initiative and the Small Business Technical Assistance Program.
However, the proposed budget also eliminates some key small business funding provisions, including rolling back California’s version of the CDFI Fund. Carolina talked about these provisions in this KTVU interview.
The final budget will be approved in June. We will continue advocating for small business programs in the meantime.
For Your Clients: Silver Lining Action Plan Program
The Silver Lining Action Plan (SLAP) is a 13-month program designed to help small businesses from marginalized communities grow.
We are partnering with Silver Lining to bring this opportunity to you and your clients. The program is subsidized by Wells Fargo and the slots are available at a pay-what-you-can rate.
News & Research
For Your Clients
- Funding Opportunity: The Minority Business Development Agency’s Capital Readiness Program Grant Competition is open. Applications are due February 28, 2023.
- Jobs: Renaissance, Accessity, WEV, and NCRC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!