In this Must Know…
- State Bills Passed!
- Join CAMEO’s Advocacy Day 2021 NEXT WEEK on June 8, 2021.
- Join us on June 21, 2021 at 3:00pm for a Q&A on California Opening for Business.
- Happy Pride Month! Support LGBTQ+ businesses in your neighborhood and online – such as this great sex education podcast created by a client of CAMEO member Start Small Think Big.
- Join Heidi and Small Business Majority for a briefing TOMORROW at 12:00pm PT to discuss the national, state and regional small business policy updates that may impact small businesses.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the new federal directive that allows businesses that applied for a PPP loan to also apply for an Employee Retention Tax Credit.
State Bills Passed!
With Advocacy Day 2021 just around the corner, here’s a refresher of the bills circulating in the state legislature around pandemic relief and other policies that will impact small and micro-businesses and help ensure an equitable recovery for California. Hot off the presses: All of them have made it out of their house of origin and are moving on to the next phase!
- SB 625 would provide grants to qualified CDFIs.
- AB 511 would allow emerging small businesses to find investors.
- AB 628 would create pipelines to quality jobs for historically excluded workers.
- AB 915 would require state agencies to establish a minimum goal of 25% procurement participation for small businesses.
- AB 1072 and AB 1573 would support programs and services delivered through small business TA centers.
- AB 1106 would serve the employment training needs of small businesses.
- AB 1144 would increase the sales for cottage kitchen food operators.
Advocacy Day Next Week
We’re excited to announce that Mark Madrid, Associate Administrator, Office of Entrepreneurial Development for the SBA will join us to answer all your questions.
And Tara Lynn Gray, the new Director, Office of the Small Business Advocate at GO-Biz will discuss her plans for an equitable recovery for California’s small businesses.
Join us for Advocacy Day on June 8, 2021 for a day filled with amazing speakers, meetings with legislatures, and FUN! (and networking breaks.)
Q&A: CA Opening for Business on June 15
California is slated to open for business on June 15! Last month, our guests updated us on “Beyond the Blueprint for a Safer Economy.”
We have invited them back and invited new ones to answer all your questions. Join us on June 21, 2021at 3:00pm for a Q&A on the state’s efforts to fully reopen our economy.
Email your specific questions to Liza Rivera by Thursday, June 17 to make sure that they get answered!
For Your Clients
Small Business News
- We commemorate the 100 Year Anniversary of the Massacre of Black Wall Street.
- CAMEO CEO Carolina Martinez was interviewed by Telemundo Bay Area on the California Relief Grant program.
Funding News & Opportunities
- The White House released a fact-sheet on New Actions to Build Black Wealth, which includes support for minority-owned small businesses.
- The Growth Accelerator Fund Competition will offer $50,000 for efforts to provide focused assistance to STEM/R&D entrepreneurs. Applications are due July 2, 2021.