In this Must Know…
- Join our latest Policy Update and Listening Session TOMORROW at 1:00pm PDT.
- CAMEO Members See Dramatic Increase in Demand
- eBay’s Up & Running Program
- Because of changes in the legislative process, Advocacy Day 2020 will be postponed until late July/early August.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Small Business Majority’s 30-minute policy brief, which will be joined by our own Heidi Pickman.
Policy Update & Reopening Listening Session
We know that each of you are responding to the pandemic and implementing programs and procedures to help your clients and serve the small business community.
Join us TOMORROW at 1:00pm PDT for our latest Listening/Sharing Session and Policy Update.
We’ll do our usual update about the latest happenings with federal and state policy. Then we’ll hear from people involved in small-business consulting, education, policymaking, communications, and government agency administration about “Business as It Could Be”, which is a guide for business recovery questions and strategies for post COVID-19 reopening. We’ll have a discussion centered on recovery and resiliency.
CAMEO Members See Dramatic Increase in Demand
With the economic fallout stemming from the pandemic and social distancing measures, we know that all our members have experienced an increase in demand from small business owners struggling to stay afloat. We likely won’t know the full extent of these shifts in demand for months or years to come, but we now have the first glimpses of hard data – courtesy of California’s WBC and SBDC networks. Check out our latest MicroBiz Blog for an overview of the numbers, and contact Heidi Pickman if you have data you’d like to share.
eBay’s Up & Running Program
Join Alexis Gallivan from eBay for an informative webinar on their Up & Running program, which has been designed to help small business owners keep their businesses going and growing in these challenging times and beyond.
The webinar will be offered on two dates:
- CDFI-certified Tricolor Holdings released the white paper Responsible Lending in Subprime Automotive Finance.
- The SBA Office of Advocacy released the fact sheet Small Business Employment Plummets.
Jobs: Cutting Edge Capital, California Reinvestment Coalition, and California Southern Small Business Development Corp announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!