“Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg.
In this Must Know…
- Join our Racial Justice Listening Session TOMORROW, October 16, 2020 at 1:00pm PDT
- Take the Federal Reserve’s COVID-19 Survey
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Remains Confusing
- PSA: Monday is the last day to register to vote.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is SIPA’s annual benefit gala, which honored ICIC’s Anna Marie Cruz.
Racial Justice Listening Session
Racial justice is at the forefront of our minds lately and is baked into our vision – that all entrepreneurs have access to the resources they need to succeed.
With violence against people of color and the unequal effects of COVID, we’re thinking about how best to achieve that vision. We want to know what you think, what’s important to you, and where CAMEO can lead or collaborate more boldly in the economic justice realm.
Join our next Friday Listening Session TOMORROW at 1:00pm PDT.
Liz Sullivan, our person in DC, will explain the new Executive Order “Combatting Race and Sex Stereotyping” and how it would affect the work we do.
Take The Federal Reserve’s COVID-19 Survey
The Federal Reserve is conducting a new survey to assess COVID-19 impacts. This 10-minute survey asks questions about the communities you serve and about the entity you represent.
The results of the survey will help the Fed understand how this crisis is impacting organizations that support support low-income communities. Please take the survey and share it with your networks.
PPP Loan Forgiveness Remains Confusing
Last week, SBA released a simpler loan forgiveness application for Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans of $50,000 or less.
Though the change streamlines the process, a widespread confusion among both borrowers and lenders still exists due to the lack of guidance and clarity in the loan forgiveness legislation. In addition, a NBER report found no evidence that the first round of PPP funds flowed to areas more adversely affected by the economic effects of the pandemic.
Funding & Resources
- Wells Fargo is seeking proposals for a $50M grant program to provide technical assistance to nonprofits helping microbusinesses recover and rebuild. The deadline is October 23, 2020.
- CBA’s Credit Builder Loan Toolkit guides organizations through the steps of setting up a CBL program.
- ICIC’s Anna Marie Cruz was honored as “Pinay of the Year” at Search to Involve Pilipino Americans’ virtual benefit gala. Congrats!
- COOK Alliance is featured in an Oaklandside article on their work to get Alameda County to adopt AB 626, which legalizes home cooking microenterprises.
- Jobs: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Self-Help Credit Union, and Chicanos Por La Causa announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!