Note: Given the rapidly-changing conditions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be sending out the Must Know as needed.
In this Must Know…
- Take Action Today: PPP Advocacy Letter
- Additional Guidance on PPP
- Join our Third Thursday Webinar, “Small Businesses Creating Good Jobs,” on April 16, 2020 at 12:00pm.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Small Business Majority’s on-demand webinars for small businesses affected by COVID-19.
Take Action: PPP Advocacy Letter
PPP’s goal was to distribute money quickly to small businesses to help them retain workers and survive until the nation was “open for business.” Great goal, but is it working for your clients?
Please write to your congressional representatives ASAP about how the PPP is working (or not). Download the PPP Advocacy Letter Template courtesy of WEV and put on your letterhead, adapt for your org and send.
Feel free to watch the Paycheck Protection Program session we did with CAMEO Senior Advisor Mark Quinn.
Additional Guidance on PPP
Federally insured banks, credit unions, and farm credits should continue submitting new lender applications to SBA’s Delegated Authority.
For more information, check out SBA’s Find A Lender tool.
Third Thursday Webinar
While small businesses need to prioritize immediate business realities to keep their businesses afloat, small business owners can still think about worker wellbeing in the context of quality jobs in their recovery.
Join us on April 16, 2020 at 12:00pm PDT for “Small Businesses Creating Good Jobs.” Find out how your clients can implement a good jobs strategy, and engage with CAMEO member Pacific Community Venture’s “Good Jobs, Good Business” tool and how it’s relevant to today’s crisis.
- Join Credit Builders Alliance for a members-exclusive webinar on April 23, 2020 at 11:00am PDT to learn how to access EDA revolving door funds and other support for disaster recovery.
- The California Budget and Policy Center released a report analyzing the Coronavirus federal response package and its implications for Californians.
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority has three on-demand webinars on the COVID-19 stimulus package, loans for California small businesses, and financial aid for affected businesses (in Spanish).
Jobs: FHL Bank of San Francisco, MEDA, and EDFC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!