In this Must Know…
Policy Update & Listening Session
Join us TOMORROW at 1:00pm PDT for our 8th Listening/Sharing Session and Policy Update.
On the agenda: an update on federal policy from Ann Sullivan, a state policy update from Mark Herbert, and the inside skinny on what’s happening from Mark Quinn.
Be prepared to talk about what’s working and what’s not as far as the federal stimulus and other responses.
We will also be joining Small Business Majority at 10:00am PDT for a 30-Minute California Policy Brief.
Writing Off Loans
Join us on May 18, 2020 at 1:30pm PDT for “Writing Off Loans.”
As a community lender, how can you support your clients to survive the crisis while preserving your capital base to the best of your ability? Join Susan Brown and our guests Catherine Howard and Lea Salem of Community Vision to learn best practices in closing out loans during this crisis.
Where Did The PPP Funding Go?
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s “Liberty Street Economics” blog analyzed the loan allocation data for the first round of PPP, in an effort to explain the geographic distribution of the loans. CAMEO Senior Advisor Mark Quinn took a look at the analysis and was able to draw several conclusions, which are laid out in our latest MicroBiz Blog.
- The Federal Reserve published Perspectives from Main Street: The Impact of COVID-19 on Communities and the Entities Serving Them.
- ICIC’s recent paper discusses which communities are most vulnerable to economic collapse during the coronavirus crisis.
- FDIC is hosting a webinar on remote account opening and serving impacted communities in Northern California on May 20, 2020 at 9:30am PDT.
- Friedman Associates are making available the recording of their recent Emergency Loan Funds webinar.
News & Updates
- On May 9, SBA sent a message to all PPP lenders regarding a specific data request. The request must be completed by TODAY at 3:00pm PDT.
- SBA amended its regulations for Women-Owned Small Business and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business Certifications.
- For Your Clients: American Express’ Stand for Small has resources, offers, and tools to help small businesses get back to business.
- Professional Opportunity: The Greenlining Institute’s Virtual Economic Summit takes place May 21, 2020.
- Jobs: CRC, California Capital, and FHL Bank of San Francisco announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!