In this Must Know…
- Governor’s Budget
- Join CAMEO’s Advocacy Day 2021 on June 8, 2021.
- Join our Advocacy Day Prep Session on June 1, 2021 at 2:00pm PT.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the Small Business for America’s Future survey of small business owners on the American Jobs Plan and the tax code.
Last week, the Governor announced a whopping $75 billion budget surplus; add another $25 billion from the federal CARES Act and California’s fiscal future is bright.
Small business recovery ranks high in the priorities – along with meeting the needs of lower and middle-income Californians, homelessness and public schools.
In case you haven’t heard, the budget includes another $1.5 billion for the California Relief Grant program. Check out our blog post for more on what’s in the budget for small businesses.
Advocacy Day 2021
Join us on June 8, 2021 for this year’s Advocacy Day! We will gather virtually once again to stand up for responsible business lending, ensure that our small business programs are working for our clients, and discuss what the state can do to ensure a healthy recovery.
We’ll be joined by Tara Lynn Gray, the new Director, Office of the Small Business Advocate, California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz). We’ll be confirming our other speakers shortly.
Advocacy Day Prep Session
Join our prep session on Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 2:00pm to learn about the policies and issues that we’ll be promoting the following week.
With the huge, historic budget surplus and other money coming into the state for small businesses, we’ll be pushing for money for CDFIs, street vendors, commercial rent relief, and thanking our legislators for historic investments in small business.
We will provide you with talking points and tips on meeting with legislators.
- Watch the recording of Small Business Strong’s webinar on the SBA’s Restaurant Revitalization Fund.
- Watch the recording of the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce’s Women’s Small Business Policy Roundtable.
- Small Business for America’s Future released a national survey of small business owners about their feelings toward the American Jobs Plan and the tax code.
- The SBA Office of Advocacy published its Spring 2021 Economic Bulletin.
- For Your Clients: The Inner City Capital Connections (ICCC) program is currently accepting applications and nominations for their 2021 ICCC Program available in Northern and Southern California.
- Jobs: Main Street Launch, California Capital, and Small Business Majority announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!