“Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg.
In this Must Know…
- COVID-19 Relief & Research
- Join our CA Rebuilding Fund Listening Session on December 16, 2020 at 1:30pm PST.
- Holiday Gift Guide
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the Entrepreneur Backed Assets Fund, which will allow CDFIs to sell microloans on the secondary market.
COVID-19 Relief & Research
Congress and the White House remain in negotiations on a new COVID-19 relief package. All discussion drafts include continued support for small businesses through the Paycheck Protection Program.
The latest draft is a $908 billion package that contains $300 billion for SBA, additional funding for PPP, and $12 billion for CDFIs and MDIs.
The FY21 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) also includes many small business procurement provisions that our team worked hard for. The Senate is expected to vote on it today.
Today, Public Private Strategies are releasing the results of Reimagine Main Street, a large survey regarding the impact of COVID-19 on small business owners of color.
California Rebuilding Fund Listening Session
It’s been a few weeks since the launch of the California Rebuilding Fund. We want to know how it’s been going for those of you working with clients in the program.
Join our CA Rebuilding Fund Listening Session on December 16, 2020 at 1:30pm PST. No need to register, just click on the link.
You can also check out our previous Train-the-Trainer webinars for more help and guidance.
Holiday Gift Guide
Have you finished all your holiday shopping? If not, there’s still time to get presents and goodies from small businesses all over California.
Check out CAMEO’s Holiday Gift Guide 2020, featuring shopping guides and directories from many of our members and partners.
We met four great entrepreneurs at Tuesday’s Sacramento Region Member meeting – check them out, too!
If your guide isn’t featured yet, please contact Daniela.
- SBA Advocacy’s Small Business Economic Bulletin for December examines how small businesses have been faring during the pandemic.
- The Urban Reform Institute published a report on homeownership, which identifies small businesses as assets that help families access opportunity.
- CDFIs can now sell microloans on the secondary market through the new Entrepreneur Backed Assets Fund.
- Join the San Francisco Jewish Vocational Service’s virtual workshop on solutions for job seekers and small business needs December 15, 2020 at 11:30am PST.
- Policy News: Last week, the House passed H.R. 3884, the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act (MORE Act) to decriminalize marijuana at the federal level by removing it from the Controlled Substances Act.
- Jobs: CAMEO, MEDA, and The Runway Project announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!