In this Must Know…
- Celebrate Small Business
- Join our Listening Session on May 6, 2021 at 10:00am PT to discuss California’s plans to reopen the economy on June 15.
- CAMEO 2020 Year in Review
- Join CAMEO’s Advocacy Day 2021 on June 8, 2021.
- This week’s Goodie highlights are the many SBA relief programs for your clients, including the Restaurant Revitalization Fund, Shuttered Venue Operators Grant, PPP, and EIDL.
Celebrate Small Business
Lots of stuff going on around small business in the upcoming weeks!
- Round 6 of the California Relief Grant Program opened yesterday and will close on May 4, 2021. Carolina was on KCBS talking about the great work our members are doing to help people apply for the grant. And MEDA’s Edwin Rodriguez talked to Univision 14 News about the grant (it’s in Spanish).
- The much-awaited Restaurant Revitalization Fund goes live this week! SBA will open registrations tomorrow, April 30 at 6:00am PT and open applications on Monday, May 3 at 9:00am PT. The online application will remain open to any eligible establishment until all funds are exhausted.
- Take the Small Business 30-Day Challenge! As part of the city’s efforts to shore up small businesses through the pandemic, San Francisco Mayor London Breed launched a new initiative to encourage residents to shop only at their local businesses for 30 days (or longer!). No matter where in the state you live, you too can participate and spread the word using #SmallBizChallenge.
- National Small Business Week takes place from May 2 to May 8, 2021.
Listening Session: CA Opens for Business
Last week Governor Gavin Newsom announced that California will fully reopen our economy on June 15.
Join us on May 6, 2021 at 10:00am PT to discuss what small businesses need to know to open safely. CAMEO will be joined by Reimagining Main Street and the California Department of Public Health.
Also, did you know that you can receive a tax credit against Medicare taxes you paid?
CAMEO 2020 Year in Review
2020 was a unique, difficult year – for small businesses and entrepreneurs, for our member organizations, and for us and our staff.
With every obstacle, comes opportunity.
We redrew the goals we started with and retooled our strategies to better serve our members. And our core mission remained and will remain intact.
Check out our 2020 Year in Review for a snapshot at CAMEO’s work and achievements in the past year.
For Your Clients
- SBA announced partnerships with Clover, NCR Corporation, Square, and Toast in a new initiative for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund.
- SBA reopened the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant application portal on April 24, 2021 for operators of live venues, live performing arts organizations, museums and movie theatres, as well as live venue promoters, theatrical producers and talent representatives to apply for critical economic relief.
- The IRS has released guidance allowing businesses with forgiven Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans to retroactively deduct regular businesses expenses.
- SBA launched a new round of Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) assistance, called Supplemental Targeted Advances, that provides $5 billion in additional assistance to 1 million small businesses and nonprofit organizations that have been most severely affected by the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- FEMA is providing financial assistance for COVID-19 related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020.
- CalMatters published an article on rent relief for Californians and what will happen after a statewide eviction moratorium ends June 30.
- New Research: Small Business Majority’s latest poll shows how entrepreneurs of color are continuing to struggle to recover.
- Jobs: Southwestern College, Self-Help Credit Union, and WEV announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!