In this Must Know…
- California Has Been Open One Month – Let’s Stay Open!
- Survey: Vaccine Attitudes Among Workers
- Join a business leader briefing with the Department of Commerce on July 27, 2021 at 12:00pm PT.
- CAMEO is hiring a Marketing Specialist.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is an update to the California COVID-19 Rent Relief Program.
California Has Been Open One Month
California loosened COVID-19-related restrictions on June 15. If we want to stay open, increasing vaccinations is the way. That was a key takeaway of our Q&A with state agencies and the Health Action Alliance earlier this week.
The state is offering mobile worksite vaccination clinics that are turnkey if you can gather 100 people. Maybe organize one for your clients and their staff and families? Children 12 and over need to be vaccinated now to be ready for the start of school in a month.
Health Action Alliance gave us a bunch of great suggestions (and host a great toolkit on their website) on how your clients can encourage vaccinations with their employees and their customers. Check out the recording and all the fantastic resources available to you to ensure that California stays open for business!
Survey: Vaccine Attitudes Among Workers
The Kaiser Family Foundation’s COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor is an ongoing research project tracking the public’s attitudes and experiences with COVID-19 vaccinations. Its latest update contains important insights for business leaders that can inform workplace approaches to help end the pandemic.
Among other findings, the survey notes that workers are significantly more likely to get a COVID-19 vaccine when their employers encourage it and provide paid time off for vaccination and recovery. Read the findings and recommendations here.
Business Leader Briefing with the Department of Commerce
Join the Public Private Strategies Institute on July 27, 2021 at 12:00pm PT for a business leader briefing with Deputy Secretary of Commerce, Don Graves, on Infrastructure and the American Jobs Plan.
The Deputy Secretary will provide:
- An update on bipartisan infrastructure conversations, plus the American Jobs Plan and American Families Plan
- Credit Builders Alliance will provide grant funding to nonprofits that offer credit building services for individuals impacted by the justice system. Applications are due July 23, 2021.
- USDA released a NOFA for the Socially Disadvantaged Groups Grant program. Applications are due by August 9, 2021.
- For Your Clients: Under the California COVID-19 Rent Relief Program, qualifying renters and landlords are now eligible for 100% of rent and utilities owed.
- Jobs: Working Solutions, Pacific Community Ventures, and the IRC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!