In this Must Know…
- CA Announces Big Relief for Small Biz
- Join Microlending Essentials Online from March 22-26, 2021
- Celebrating Black Entrepreneurs
- CAMEO is hiring an Outreach Specialist/Manager
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the SNF Small Business Growth & Recovery Fund grant program for small businesses impacted by the pandemic.
CA Announces Big Relief for Small Biz
Governor Gavin Newsom and the California Legislature announced that they have reached an agreement for a new package of immediate relief actions for individuals, families, and businesses suffering hardship from the COVID-19 crisis.
The agreement is based on the Governor’s state budget proposal, and includes relief for small businesses in several forms:
- More than $2 billion (a four-fold increase) for grants up to $25,000 for small businesses impacted by the pandemic
- Updated tax treatment to allow businesses that received PPP loans of $150,000 or less to maximize their deductions for state purposes
- Two years of license fee relief for restaurants and bars as well as barbering and cosmetology entrepreneurs and businesses
The announcement comes on the heels of a Small Business Majority survey which highlights setbacks entrepreneurs of color have faced that have hampered their access to financial relief.
Microlending Essentials Spring 2021
Microlending Essentials is a five-part online class that provides the fundamental skills for consistent, quality microloan underwriting.
This introductory training covers multiple analyses, and participants underwrite credit memos for three actual microloan applications.
Join our upcoming Microlending Essentials Online training from March 22 to March 26, 2021, 9:30am – 12:30pm PST.
Celebrating Black Entrepreneurs
Ivellise Morales created a branding agency that helps its clients raise awareness of important issues in America.
Calvin Andrews feeds unsold food from his restaurant to people in need every night, including those who are unhoused.
Celebrate Black History Month by learning about and supporting these groundbreaking entrepreneurs! And if you want to share Success Stories from your own clients, please email Daniela Fernandez-Ulen.
- The Kansas City Fed published a Small Business of Color Recovery Guide for City Leaders and Community Groups.
- The National Women’s Business Council released its 2020 #LetsTalkBusiness Roundtable Series Report, a collection of testimonials from women entrepreneurs on current challenges and opportunities.
For Your Clients
- The National Development Council released a series of free on-demand training webinars for small business owners.
- The SNF Small Business Growth & Recovery Fund grant program will help small businesses severely impacted by the pandemic stabilize and thrive by providing non-repayable grants of up to $20,000.