In this Must Know…
- Join a Business Briefing with the White House for an Economic Update TOMORROW at 12:00pm PT
- CA Relief Grant Has Ended
- ICYMI: AB 80
- Join CAMEO’s Advocacy Day 2021 on June 8, 2021
- Carolina wrote an op-ed for CalMatters on Continued Investment Needed for Small Businesses
- This week’s Goodie highlight is a whole host of webinars on various small business topics, particularly the overview of the Community Navigator Program tomorrow at 9:00am PT.
Business Briefing with the White House for an Economic Update
CAMEO is partnering with Small Business for America’s Future TOMORROW, May 14, 2021 at 12:00pm PT for an update on the state of the economy and to discuss the American Jobs Plan and the American Families Plan and what they mean for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman of the U.S. Small Business Administration and Bharat Ramamurti, Deputy Director of the National Economic Council will be the featured speakers.
CA Relief Grant Has Ended
The 6th and final round of the California Relief Grant is closed. Applicants can still log into the Portal to complete unfinished applications, upload documents, and check their application status. Notifications about selection decisions began being sent on May 7, 2021 and will continue for the next few weeks. Please ask your clients to be patient, as Rounds 5 and 6 saw the biggest influx of applicants.
Watch testimonials from Sabrina Bell-Bonadeo and Janie Hodge to learn how the Grant is already changing small business owners’ lives.
ICYMI: AB 80
Governor Gavin Newsom signed AB 80, a bill that will give small businesses hit hardest by this pandemic a $6.2 billion tax cut over the next six years.
Under this legislation, the forgiven PPP loans that businesses received from the federal government during the pandemic will not be counted as taxable income for their California tax return, and these businesses also can deduct the costs of eligible expenses under those loans.
- Join SBA Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman TOMORROW at 9:00am PT for an overview of the Community Navigator Program and how you can benefit from this grant opportunity.
- Join the Aspen Institute for “Encouraging Job Quality in Small Businesses” on May 20, 2021 at 11:00am PT.
- Join the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco on June 9, 2021 at 1:00pm PT to discuss how the banking sector can develop strategies that serve entrepreneurs of color and bolster local economies.
- Watch the recording of CAMEO’s listening session last week on California’s plan to reopen the economy on June 15.
- Watch the recording of last week’s Small Business Strong webinar on the SBA’s Restaurant Revitalization Fund.
- Watch the recording of the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce’s Women’s Small Business Policy Roundtable that took place last week.
- Funding Opportunity: CDFA’s new Community Facilities Technical Assistance Program will support rural communities that have recently experienced a natural disaster.
- Industry News: Happy Small Business Month!
- Jobs: CAMEO, the WBC at JEDI, and the Inland Empire WBC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!