In this Must Know…
- Responsible Business Lending – SB 33 Update
- Responsible Business Lending – Support SB 666
- CAMEO Members Receive Millions through ERP!
- Early Bird tickets are available for the 2023 CAMEO Summit on June 7-8, 2023 in Sacramento.
- Sign up for Microlending Essentials on May 8-12, 2023. The class will sell out soon!
Responsible Business Lending – SB 33 Update
After its hearing at the Senate Judiciary Committee, SB 33 (Glazer) passed with 10 Ayes and 0 Noes. The bill now goes to the Senate Appropriations Committee (date TBD). Thank you to everyone who called in to express their support!
If it becomes law, this bill removes the sunset and maintains the requirements of SB 1235, that is APR disclosures of small business loan products so small business owners can make apples-to-apples comparisons of loans they’re offered.
Responsible Business Lending – Support SB 666
SB 666, introduced by Senator Dave Min, would protect small business owners by prohibiting certain junk fees that are imposed on small businesses by unregulated lending or finance companies.
SB 666 will be heard in the Senate Banking and Financial Institutions Committee on April 19, 2023 at 1:30pm PT. Mark it on your calendar and call in to express your support!
CAMEO Members Receive Millions through ERP!
On Monday, Vice President Kamala Harris and the Treasury Department announced that the CDFI Fund has awarded over $1.73 billion in grants to 603 CDFIs through the Equitable Recovery Program (ERP). Forty organizations committed to serving small businesses and farms received a total of $99.7 million — and 23 of those are California CAMEO members – for a total of $47.2 million. Seven out-of-state CAMEO members also received an ERP award, totaling $14.2 million.
- The Treasury Department’s State Small Treasury’s SSBCI will hold a webinar on worker cooperative buyouts on April 27, 2023 at 1:00 pm PT.
- Join the National Disability Institute for “Entrepreneurship, Disability, and CDFIs: CDFI and Founder Experiences” on May 2, 2023 at 11:00 am PT.
For Your Clients
CAMEO in the News
- Member Kudos: NEW Women’s Business Center Founder, Ruth Garcia-Corrales, will be one of the honorees at the Inspirational Women of the San Fernando Valley Awards.
- Jobs: CAMEO, CBA, and Renaissance announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!