- What’s in the the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal for California
- Join our California Rebuilding Fund Train-the-Trainer on November 19, 2021
- Honoring our Veterans on Veterans Day
- CAMEO in the News: Carolina has been all over California’s airwaves talking about the California Rebuilding Fund (KNX – Socal; KFBK – Chico/Stockton)
- Small Business Saturday is on November 27, 2021
- Our CAMEO Annual Member Meeting is on December 2, 2021
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Small Business Majority’s webinar – Hiring your workforce with Confidence: Paid Family Leave Grant and CalSaver on November 17, 2021
According to the US Census from 2002-12, the number of businesses owned by black women increased 179 percent compared with 52 percent for all women-owned businesses and 20 percent for all businesses. Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City issued a report e
Congress passed the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal (Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act), a once-in-a-generation investment in our nation’s infrastructure and competitiveness.
California will receive more than $25 billion to repair roads and highways and over $600 million to prepare transportation systems for extreme weather, drought and wildfire. Read more in Governor Newsom’s statement.
We’re especially excited about the $100 million going to broadband that will help rural and low-income areas strengthen their online presence. Infrastructure is crucial on connecting small businesses to markets (one of the 5 C’s of a local entrepreneurial ecosystem).
California Rebuilding Fund Train the Trainer
Join us November 19, 2021 11:00am PT for the California Rebuilding Fund: Deeper Conversation.
If you would like a more hands on explanation of the product and the application, join us to talk about the following:
- CDFI / Borrower Process
- Connecting with Your CDFI
- Loan Product
- Application Demo
Honoring our Veterans
Almost half of World War II veterans became self-employed; 40% of Korean War veterans did so; and only 4.5% of post-9/11 veterans did. The reasons for the drop included lack of mentorship (coaching), finances (capital), social capital (connections to networks)
Read about how the veterans in the CAMEO network took advantage of a strong local entrepreneurial ecosystem to succeed.
For Your Clients
- Join Small Business Majority and ConsultrEX for Hiring your workforce with Confidence: Paid Family Leave Grant and CalSaver on November 17, 2021 9:00am PT.
- State support for small business: tax credits, venue grants, and more.
- Register for the webinar to learn How to Select & Support the Most Competitive CalCompetes Grant & Tax Credit Applicants on November 17, 2021 11:00am PT.
- Join Updates from U.S. Senator Ben Cardin on small business policy priorities November 18, 2021 12pm PT.
- Read CRC new report “In our new report, “Economic Wellness: Meeting Families Where They Are“.
- Most first time angel investments are smaller than you think.