In this Must Know…
- Join our Third Thursday Webinar, “Small Businesses Creating Good Jobs,” TODAY at 12:00pm.
- Join our listening session TOMORROW at 12:00pm to discuss several PPP updates.
- Next week: Earth Day, Access to Capital Choices, Employment Issues
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Facebook’s webinar about their Small Business Grant program on April 20, 2020 for TA providers.
Good Jobs Webinar Today
While small businesses need to prioritize immediate business realities to keep their businesses afloat, small business owners can still think about worker well-being in the context of quality jobs in their recovery.
Join “Small Businesses Creating Good Jobs” TODAY at 12:00pm to find out how your clients can implement a good jobs strategy, and engage with CAMEO member Pacific Community Venture’s “Good Jobs, Good Business” tool and how it’s relevant to today’s crisis.
Listening Session: PPP Update
New information seems to come out daily. Join our fifth listening and sharing session, “Serving Small Businesses in Today’s Challenging Times” TOMORROW at 12:00pm.
We’ll review the current scenario of the federal funding circumstances and what you can do to push for more funding. Then we’ll review new guidance issued on the PPP for the self-employed and how sole proprietors can calculate their PPP amount and access funding.
Next Week’s Sessions
Next week we have two sessions planned for you. On Wednesday, April 22, join us to celebrate Earth Day the micro way and explore the latest access to capital options for your clients.
On Thursday, April 23, we’ll talk about employment issues including new guidance on unemployment for gig workers and the self-employed.
Research & Resources
- The COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide is a resource for rural leaders looking for federal funding and partnership opportunities to help address this pandemic.
- The Federal Reserve published the report Can Small Firms Weather The Economic Effects of COVID-19?.
For Your Clients
- CAMEO’s blog post on SBA’s EIDL program resources is now in Spanish.
- SBA released PPP guidance for individuals with self- employment income who file a Form 1040, Schedule C.
- Community Development Block Grant Program Income Application webinar on April 17, 2020 at 9:30am PDT.
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program webinar for TA providers on April 20, 2020 at 12:00pm PDT.
- Using Charitable Loan Funds to Spur Community Economic Recovery webinar on April 21, 2020 at 11:00am PDT.
- Funding Opportunity: The California HCD Department released a Notice of Funding Availability for the Community Development Block Grant program. The application due date is June 1, 2020.
- Jobs: FHL Bank of San Francisco, MEDA, and EDFC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!