Entrepreneurship Advantage is a Los Angeles-based collaboration that is passionate about helping entrepreneurs thrive.
In this month’s meet up, we explored a local issue that could be affecting your clients, gentrification.
What is Gentrification? How Does it Affect Small Businesses?
Watch the Small Business Anti-Displacement Network (SBAN) video to learn more about gentrification, what it looks like, and how it impacts communities and their small businesses:
The Governor’s executive order that prevented commercial evictions of small businesses and non-profit organizations for nonpayment of rent expired on Thursday, September 30, 2021. We invited our colleagues from the Small Business Anti-Displacement Network (SBAN) to talk about their work on commercial gentrification and displacement. They’re currently recruiting practitioners to share strategies in commercial anti-displacement in key markets including LA.
Thank you to our speakers:
- Bi’Annchat Andrews, Researcher
- Kiara Garland, Project Manager
- CAMEO October EA Presentation
- Small Business Anti-Displacement Network Presentation
- Small Group Discussion Notes
- Small Business Anti-Displacement Network Membership Information
- Anti-Displacement Network Executive Summary
- Microlending Essentials (MILES), October 25-29, 2021: SOLD OUT!
- Email Liza Rivera to get on the waitlist for MILES January 2022
- CAMEO Annual Member Meeting, December 2, 2021 at 11:00am: Register Here
- CAMEO Impact Survey
- Register for our last EA meeting of the year on November 16, 2021 at 11:00am
- Send me your Shopping Guides for the Holidays
- Small Business Panel for January EA Meeting: if you have someone in mind email Liza Rivera
- Stay connected with your colleagues on our EA LinkedIn Group
- Follow our EA LinkedIn Page
- Join our collaborative officially by filling out our interest form.
- Post your LA events on our EA website: Community Events Page
- If you’re not a CAMEO member, consider becoming a member!