Given these uncertain times, it’s essential to connect with our colleagues and stay abreast of important information and resources for LA’s small business community – especially our most vulnerable businesses. To that end, Entrepreneurship Advantage will hold regular meetups with our members to share COVID-19 resources, discuss challenges and strategies, and find ways to support each other.
We’ll invite one or two guests to talk about the latest lending resources, technical assistance programs, or policy and industry updates. Then we’ll open up the floor for questions, discussion, and sharing.
Our topic for this week includes navigating unemployment insurance and other workforce issues related to self-employment and small businesses.
- Presentation slides
- Refer to the Heroes Act Fact Sheet to see the proposed policy changes to PPP.
- Find a list of California Business Organizations that will distribute relief assistance for undocumented individuals on the California Department of Social Services website.
- Learn more about PPP loan forgiveness on Monday, May 18, 2020 at 11:00am at PPP Loan Forgiveness Explained with Gusto, Opportunity Fund, and Accion.
- The Coronavirus Economic Vulnerability Map is an interactive map to help inform our sector on the pandemic’s economic impacts. Please email Anna Marie Cruz for more information on the tool and upcoming demos.
- Nominate your client for Fortune and ICIC’s Inner City 100, applications end Friday, May 29, 2020.
- A list of COVID crowdfunding resources that your client can use from Crowdfund Better.