In this Must Know…
- Welcome to our new Finance Manager, Joan, and our new Communications Consultant, Annissa!
- CAMEO Census 2021: Take the survey today!
- Changes in COVID Relief Assistance
- Breaking News: CAMEO is the recipient of an SBA Capacity Building PRIME grant. Stay tuned next week for more details on who else in California received PRIME!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is a CRC Resilience Fund that helps support the economic stability of BIPOC small business owners, micro-entrepreneurs, and families.
Welcome New CAMEO Staff
Please welcome Joan Johnson, our new Finance Manager! Joan has 25 years of experience in accounting management with both non-profit and for-profit organizations. Her recent work experience was as CFO for a homeless shelter in Phoenix for three years and as International Financial Analyst for HAVI Global Solutions for six years managing Latin America Happy Meals for Arcos Dorados.
Please also welcome Annissa Durar, our new Communications Consultant. Annissa has a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing from Kansas State University. She previously worked with Yelp as a Marketing Assistant, where she connected members of the Kansas City community to local businesses by hosting community events and featuring them on social media channels.
CAMEO 2021 Impact Survey
CAMEO is launching our annual impact survey to keep a pulse on your needs and understand our network’s collective impact. By collecting this information, CAMEO will have the data to advocate for important federal and statewide resources like pandemic recovery funds.
Our survey will be open until September 29, 2021. If you are not the right person at your org to fill it out, please pass it on to make sure we have your impact data.
Changes in COVID Relief Assistance
Recent events have some federal programs ending and others beginning. And California has support to fill some the gaps. Most notably, on September 4, 2021 most federal unemployment benefits will expire; and the United States Supreme Court issued a decision ending the eviction moratorium.
Read more on our blog post for the changes and what resources are available to small business owners and their families.
- Registration is now open for the upcoming 2021 RuralRISE Virtual Leadership Academy & Summit on September 20th and 21st, 2021.
- Register now for the 8th Annual Credit Building Symposium November 2-5, 2021 to learn about about the continued disparities within our financial system, and the systemic barriers for Black, Indigenous, and persons of color individuals and families.
- All BIPOC-led startup and aspiring Certified Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) are able to apply today for the CRC Resilience Fund
- Out of applicants 10 to 12 organizations will be selected. The application period closes at 11:59 PDT on Friday, October 1.
New Resources & Free Webinars
- Register for the Diversity in CDFI Capitalization Planning: A CNote Webinar targeting CDFI Loan Funds happening on Tuesday, September 7th 2021 at 11:00 AM PDT.
- Small Business Majority released new polling that highlights small business support for tax reforms that will level the playing field and pay for federal investments in healthcare, child care and access to capital. Read the White House tax plan.
- Jobs: CALED, PACE, Community Vision, and Working Solutions announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!