“History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.” – Maya Angelou
In this Must Know…
- Join “What Powerful Data Can Do For You: California WBCs Measure Up! Project” TODAY at 2:00pm PDT.
- Join us on September 18, 2020 at 1:00pm PDT for a Friday Listening Session.
- Federal Reserve Small Business Credit Survey
- ICYMI: Our recent webinar on Reopening the Workplace.
- Governor Newsom signed more bills for small business.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Crowdfunding Better’s “La Oportunidad de Crowdfunding” course.
Webinar Today: What Powerful Data Can Do For You
Join “What Powerful Data Can Do For You: California WBCs Measure Up! Project” TODAY at 2:00pm PDT.
Data is important to make the case for your programs and improve client outcomes. Learn what the WBCs did, what they gained, and how to apply all that to your organization. In this webinar, CAMEO and the WBCs share the Measure Up! Project’s work over the past 12 months using processes and tools that you can use to have powerful data when you need it.
With support from the SBA PRIME program, the Measure Up! Project has led to a more powerful voice and awareness of services and has generated more financial support for the California WBC Network.
Friday Listening Session
As we enter the fall and the pandemic continues to impact the small business community, we know you’ve been working hard to implement programs and procedures to help your clients as their needs shift.
Join us on September 18, 2020 at 1:00pm PDT for another Friday Listening Session, where we’ll share what’s happening at the national level and discuss what you are doing and how it’s working.
Federal Reserve Small Business Credit Survey
CAMEO is partnering with the Federal Reserve on the 2020 Small Business Credit Survey. This survey reaches thousands of small businesses and highlights their experiences, providing critical information that service providers, policymakers, and lenders use to improve programs for small business owners.
Please ask your clients to complete the survey by October 31, 2020.
- Working Solutions and the City of Oakland will disburse $1.375 million in emergency grants to low-income small business owners to help them weather the COVID-19 crisis.
- This June, Opportunity Fund reached a milestone of $1 billion in cumulative investments in small businesses and low-income communities.
- AEO will hold a “State of Black Female-Owned Small Businesses” webinar on September 16, 2020 at 10:00am PDT.
- The 2020 National Small Business Week will take place September 22-24, 2020 with a virtual conference focused on “Recovery, Adaptation, and Innovation.”
- For Your Clients: Crowdfunding Better’s “La Oportunidad de Crowdfunding” is the first Spanish-language crowdfunding course in the U.S. focused on small business.
- Jobs: The Sustainable Economies Law Center, Working Solutions, and Pacific Community Ventures announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!