In this Must Know…
- Virtual Conferences Galore
- Join our latest Policy Update and Listening Session June 5, 2020 at 1:00pm PDT.
- Join Advocacy Day – Virtual Edition on June 9, 2020.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the PPP update from Treasury.
Virtual Conferences Galore
With the pandemic and social distancing orders, many events throughout the state inevitably have been postponed or canceled.
Ironically, small business owners and entrepreneurs need assistance more than ever, so many economic development organizations (including CAMEO and our members – see below) have shifted gears to offer these conferences in a virtual setting. Here are the upcoming events you won’t want to miss:
- AEO Digital Conference 2020 – May 26 – June 24, 2020
- OFN Small Business Finance Forum – June 16-17, 2020
- CBA Credit Building Symposium – June 16 – July 9, 2020
Policy Update & Listening Session
Join us June 5, 2020 at 1:00pm PDT for our latest listening session. We’ll do our usual update about the latest happenings with federal and state policy. Then we’ll hear from people involved in small-business consulting, education, policymaking, communications, and government agency administration about “Business as It Could Be” – which is a guide for business recovery questions and strategies for post COVID-19 reopening – and have a discussion centered on recovery and resiliency.
Advocacy Day 2020
Join us on June 9, 2020 at 1:00pm PDT for Advocacy Day – Virtual Edition!
In light of the current pandemic and stay-at-home orders, we are retooling the program to make it an online event including virtual meetings with your legislators.
CAMEO will schedule the meetings, but we need to know who is going as soon as possible. Please RSVP today! The deadline to RSVP and have a meeting with your legislator is TODAY, May 29, 2020.
- The Treasury Department released new guidelines on PPP loan forgiveness and loan review procedures.
- The recording of Accion’s webinar on PPP loan forgiveness is now available.
- Tricolor Auto Group, LLC released the white paper Responsible Lending in Subprime Automotive Finance.
- Facebook conducted a COVID-19 small business survey in partnership with the Small Business Roundtable.
Jobs: California Southern Small Business Development Corp, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, and California Capital announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!