In this Must Know…
- Upcoming CAMEO Trainings
- Save the Date for Advocacy Day 2021 on June 8, 2021.
- CAMEO Family Keeps Growing
- Heidi Pickman joins Small Business Majority on April 23, 2021 at 12:00pm PT for a brief update where we discuss the national, state and regional small business policy updates that may impact your small business.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the Restaurants Care Resilience Fund, for which applications are due April 18, 2021.
Two Upcoming CAMEO Trainings
#1 Round 6 of the California Relief Grant opens on April 28 – it’s the last chance for your clients to receive this grant. Join our Round 6 Train-the-Traineron April 22, 2021 at 3:00pm PT to ask any remaining questions you may have. If you need training on the basics, we suggest you watch our Grant Intro webinar and to be guided through the application, watch our Round 5 Second Train the Trainer.
#2 On April 29, 2021, join us at 2:00pm PT for an interactive webinar on Profit and Loss financial statements (P&Ls).
P&Ls are powerful management tools yet can be elusive for small business owners. In their simplest form, P&L’s show whether a business is making or losing money, but we can learn so much more from these financial statements.
This webinar is for business coaches and lenders who would like to learn how to use P&Ls for business management counseling or for underwriting analysis.
Save the Date: Advocacy Day
CAMEO’s commitment to sustaining and increasing funding for the sector has not changed. Mark your calendar to join us on June 8, 2021 for Advocacy Day 2021. We will gather virtually once again to stand up for responsible business lending, ensure that our small business programs are working for our clients, and discuss what the state can do to ensure a healthy recovery.
We have another great event planned for you filled with amazing speakers, meetings with legislatures, and let’s not forget, FUN!
CAMEO Family Keeps Growing
Join us in giving a warm welcome to Rezhe’ Connelly, our new Special Projects Coordinator!
Rezhe‘ has several years of experience in the nonprofit sector while specializing in social and economic development in underserved areas. Previously, she held a position in community development in St. Louis, Missouri which provided homeownership opportunities, affordable rental housing, and community revitalization. You can reach Rezhe at rconnelly@CAMEOnetwork.org.
- The California Budget and Policy Center published a 5 Facts Report titled Promoting Racial Equity through California’s Tax and Revenue Policies.
- A new AARP report analyzes Small Business Credit Survey data to better understand how entrepreneurs aged 45+ fared during the pandemic.
- La Cocina’s Municipal Marketplace, which offers economic opportunity for women entrepreneurs, is now open for takeout in San Francisco.
- New Economics for Women celebrates the 1-year anniversary of being selected by SBA as a Women’s Business Center.
- The Kauffman Foundation is hosting a series of virtual training sessions to help entrepreneurs and organizations become more effective advocates. The deadline to apply is May 5, 2021.
- CDFIs 101: Impact Jobs is a four-part webinar series designed for young professionals seeking careers in the CDFI sector. The series runs May 5 – May 26, 2021.
- For Your Clients: The Restaurants Care Resilience Fund provides cash grants of up to $3,500 and additional support services for small restaurants in California for a year, with priority given to women and people of color. Applications are accepted until April 18, 2021.
- Jobs: Self-Help Credit Union, WEV, and OFN announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!