In this Must Know…
- Connect with CAMEO Members in Your Region
- Share Your Clients’ Success
- Discover and Promote Events
- This week’s Goodie highlight is EDA’s announcement of $3 billion in funding opportunities to invest in distressed and underserved communities impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
Connect with CAMEO Members in Your Region
It’s that time of the year, when CAMEO gathers our members in each region to network, discuss current issues, and continue carving a path forward in support of entrepreneurs all over California.
Don’t miss the member meeting in your region!
- Inland Southern California Member Meeting: Encouraging Micro-Business Resilience – August 11, 2021 at 3:00pm PT.
- Central Coast Member Meeting: Entrepreneurial Success in the New Normal – August 13, 2021 at 3:00pm PT.
- Los Angeles and San Diego Member Meeting (in partnership with Entrepreneurship Advantage) – August 26, 2021at 11:00am PT.
- San Francisco, Sacramento, and Central Valley meetings coming soon! Stay tuned for more.
Share Your Clients’ Success
Having been part of San Francisco’s North Beach business community for 75 years, Biordi Art Importsbrought in 80% of their sales through traditional retail. But when the pandemic forced a months-long lockdown, they were forced to pivot to stay afloat.
The San Francisco SBDC helped them apply for PPP and EIDL loans, which they used to shift their business model to e-commerce and finish 2020 with a 4% increase in revenue.
Do you have any client Success Stories you’d like us to feature? Please send them to cameo@CAMEOnetwork.org.
Discover and Promote Events
Summer is in full swing, but our sector remains hard at work! Many of our members – including JEDI, TMC Community Capital, and Credit Builders Alliance – are offering training events for small businesses as well as fellow organizations. Check out CAMEO’s Industry Calendar so you don’t miss out!
And if you have events coming up that you’d like to promote, download our communications packet for members to get instructions on how to post.
- EDA announced $3 billion in funding opportunities to invest in distressed and underserved communities impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
- USDA released a NOFA for the Socially Disadvantaged Groups Grant program. Applications are due by August 9, 2021.
- For Your Clients: The Census Bureau’s webinar on economic and demographic data for business expansion takes place August 11, 2021 at 11:00am PT.
- Jobs: Pacific Community Ventures, ICA, and Lead Online Academy announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!