“History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.” – Maya Angelou
In this Must Know…
- The Latest from Our MicroBiz Blog
- Join Advocacy Day 2020: Virtual Edition on July 21, 2020.
- Business as It Could Be
- This week’s Goodie highlights are three important PPP updates from SBA.
The Latest from Our MicroBiz Blog
CAMEO’s MicroBiz Blog is the place where we share up-to-date news and information about the microenterprise world in California, as well as insights that provide important context for the current state of the sector.
In case you missed them, three new blog posts filled with insights into our sector are on our website:
Small Business Finance Forum
Emily Gasner has these thoughts from OFN’s Forum.
The Federal Reserve hosted community development experts from across the country to speak on relevant issues facing CDFIs.
Rural and Urban Lending during and After the Financial Crisis
In May 2020, the SBA Office of Advocacy published a report that examines the progression of small business lending during and after the financial crisis, and what it means in terms of economic development for rural and urban areas.
New Date for Advocacy Day
We have a new date for Advocacy Day 2020: July 21, 2020! This year’s legislative session is unique (as is everything else these days) and we believe that with the passage of the basic budget, legislators and their staff will be more receptive to our message.
CAMEO will schedule the legislative meetings, but we need to know who is going as soon as possible. Please RSVP today! The deadline to RSVP and have a meeting with your legislator is July 14, 2020.
Business as It Could Be
Business As It Could Be helps business owners navigate the reopening process while taking into account a post-COVID future that is healthier, more sustainable, and more resilient.
The group developed a set of questions that are aimed at guiding small businesses through every step of the process of emerging from the crisis while also keeping a long-term vision of relevancy and sustainability.
- SBA posted a revised PPP loan forgiveness application as well as a new EZ version.
- Low-interest federal disaster loans are available to California businesses and residents affected by civil unrest that began May 26, 2020.
- SBA’s Lender Match is a resource for pandemic-affected small businesses that have not applied for or received a PPP loan to connect with lenders.
- Asset Funders Network is hosting “Saving Our Small Businesses: It’s Now or Never,” a virtual conversation on supporting small businesses during this crisis and beyond on June 29, 2020 at 11:00am PDT.
- Credit Builders Alliance’s Virtual Credit Building Symposium has started and takes place until July 9, 2020.
- Member Kudos: Congratulations to Opportunity Fund and Pacific Community Ventures, two of six CDFIs to receive grants from Google.org to serve minority-owned small businesses.
- Jobs: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Small Business Majority, and Cutting Edge Capital announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!