In this Must Know…
- Take our COVID-19 Response Survey.
- Join us TOMORROW for Friday Policy Update at 10:00am and Q&A at 10:30am PDT.
- Join “How Farm Businesses are Pivoting during COVID-19: Resources for Advisors Assisting Small Farms” on May 7, 2020 at 3:00pm PDT.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is CAMEO’s webinar on supporting microenterprises during the pandemic, hosted by CALED.
It’s been about six weeks. We’ve been hearing stories of the many great things that our members have been doing in response to this crisis.
Please take a few moments to take our COVID-19 survey and let us know how you are contributing to the well-being of your community. We want to be able to share our collective impact with funders, policymakers, and other stakeholders.
Friday Policy Update and Q&A
To respect everyone’s time, we’ve partnered with Small Business Majority for a weekly policy update for a half-hour TOMORROW at 10:00am to be followed at 10:30am by a Q&A with Mark Herbert and Mark Quinn.
Note there are two different links. We’re experimenting with the format and if it doesn’t work, we’ll go back to the Friday at 1:00pm timeslot.
Helping Small Farms During COVID-19
Join us May 7, 2020 at 3:00pm PDT for “How Farm Businesses are Pivoting during COVID-19: Resources for Advisors Assisting Small Farms.”
Stepheni Norton, owner of a small plot urban farm in San Diego South Bay and expert advisor to small farms, will offer important business resources that are key to helping small farms during these unprecedented times. This session is intended for TA providers, consultants, and advisors to small farms.
Webinars & Trainings
- CALED is hosting CAMEO for a webinar on supporting microenterprises in your community during the pandemic, on May 6, 2020 at 1:00pm PDT.
- Join the pre-application webinar for the FY 2020 Capital Magnet Fund Round on May 13, 2020 at 11:00am PDT.
- SBA Office of Advocacy published Small Business Facts: Early Data Show Severe Disruptions, providing information about recent developments amidst the pandemic.
- The Federal Reserve published 2020 Small Business Credit Survey – Report on Employer Firms.
- The Opportunity Challenge seeks to surface community-led solutions to help immigrants and refugees achieve their goals. Applications are due May 26, 2020.
- The California HCD Department released a NFA for the Community Development Block Grant program. The application due date is June 1, 2020.
- Take Action: The CDFI Coalition is sponsoring a sign-on letter to the House and Senate leadership in support of $1 billion in additional appropriations for the CDFI Fund.
- Jobs: The Bay Area Regional Health Inequities Initiative, FHL Bank of San Francisco, and MEDA announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!