In this Must Know…
- Take Action: Support SB 33 by phoning into the Senate Banking Committee hearing TODAY at 1:30 pm PT.
- Join our webinar on “Managing Big Bucks – Cash Management for Your Org” on April 14, 2023 from 11:00 am -12:00 pm PT.
- The Biden-Harris Administration Announced New Resources for WBCs
- California State Treasurer Fiona Ma will kick off the 2023 CAMEO Summit on June 7-8, 2023. Get your Early Bird tickets today!
- Sign up for Microlending Essentials on May 8-12, 2023.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is the FDIC’s webinar, “Partnering for Success Using the State Small Business Credit Initiative” on April 12, 2023 at 1:00 pm PT.
Take Action: Support SB 33
SB 1235 authorization runs through January 1, 2024. By eliminating the 2024 sunset date for SB 1235, SB 33 would guarantee transparency for businesses and certainty for providers that the required financing disclosure rules implemented in December 2022 will remain in place.
The Senate Banking Committee will have a hearing on SB 33 TODAY at 1:30 pm PT. Please call in! It’s easy – just say your name, organization, and that you support SB 33 and transparency in lending.
And sign our support letter if you haven’t already!
Webinar: Managing Big Bucks
Many of you have questions about your organizational cash management and FDIC insurance given the recent events in the banking industry.
Join our webinar on “Managing Big Bucks – Cash Management for Your Org” on April 14, 2023 from 11:00 am -12:00 pm PT.
We will be joined by Jeff Holliday from US Bank. We’ll have a Q&A, so send us your questions through Eventbrite or email them to Liza Rivera before April 10.
Biden Admin Announces New Resources for WBCs
CAMEO commends the Biden-Harris administration’s announcement that the SBA will expand the Women’s Business Centers network to 160 centers across the country. The White House’s pledge, made on Tuesday at the second annual Women’s Business Summit at the White House, will help connect women entrepreneurs to critical training, mentoring, business development, and financing opportunities.
CAMEO member West Center was present at the White House for the announcement – as were may others of our WBC friends.
- Apply for the BOI’s Microlending Accelerator Program. The deadline is April 21, 2023.
- Join CDFA for their Intro Revolving Loan Fund Course on May 1-2, 2023 and Advanced Revolving Fund Course on May 3-4, 2023.
Events & Conferences
- Register for Opportunity Finance Network’s Southwest Regional Meeting on April 26, 2023 in Phoenix, AZ.
- Sign up for AEO’s National Conference, “Rerout to Reconnect” on May 1-3, 2023 in Detroit, MI.
- Join the FDIC for “Partnering for Success Using the State Small Business Credit Initiative” on April 12, 2023 at 1:00 pm PT.
- Join the Small Business Credit Survey team for “Amplifying Small Business Voices—New Findings from the Small Business Credit Survey” on April 13, 2023 at 12:00 pm PT.
- Funding Opportunity: Prosperity Now will accept proposals for their pilot lab: Strengthening Black Women Entrepreneurship in Retail from April 1-30, 2023.
- Jobs: CAMEO, Project Equity, NCRC, and Kauffman Foundation announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!