In This Must Know…
- Support Small Business Lending UDAAP Protections!
- CAMEO is looking for a Digital Literacy and Fluency expert – download the RFP! The deadline is extended until July 29!
- We have a lot of upcoming opportunities on our CAMEO Calendar!
- CDFI Fund to pause acceptance of new CDFI Certification Applications for six months
- This week’s Goodie highlight is to Register for the 2022 NALCAB National Conference on September 7-9, 2022. CAMEO will be there!
Support UDAAP Protections
The California Department of Financial Protection’s (DFPI) released an updated, proposed UDAAP rule that adopts some of our recommendations:
- DFPI is proceeding with the proposed protections against “unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts or practices.”
- Data on the pricing of small business financing will be collected in the form of APR, not dollar cost, in recognition that APR, unlike dollar cost, enables comparison of the cost of financing over time.
Please join us to protect small businesses from deceptive lending practices by signing on to our letter that recommends some changes. Your signatures are needed by August 1, 2022.
RFP for Digital Literacy and Fluency
CAMEO is looking for a Digital Literacy and Fluency expert to curate curriculum and resources!
We know that digital skills and expertise are critical to business success. Help us sort through the number of resources out there to develop a curated set of training material that nonprofit business service providers can use with their diverse population of clients.
Send proposals by next Friday, July 29, 2022 to Liza Rivera.
We have many upcoming opportunities for you and your staff. Feel free to pass along to other partners who may be interested.
- Los Angeles Member Regional Meeting, July 29, 2022
- Uplevel Your Online Training for Inclusivity, August 10-11, 17-18.
- Getting Comfortable In the Weeds: How to Serve California Agriculture, Businesses, September 27-November 15
- MicroLenders Forum, September 15, 2022.
- New report: African-American Entrepreneurs: Contributions and Challenges.
- From Health Action Alliance: Small Business Guide to Workplace Mental Health.
- Register for the 2022 NALCAB National Conference on September 7-9, 2022.