In this Must Know…
- State Policy Update – A Win!
- Join our webinar on “Managing Big Bucks – Cash Management for Your Org” on April 14, 2023 from 11:00 am -12:00 pm PT.
- Sign up for Microlending Essentials on May 8-12, 2023.
- Nab your Early Bird tickets for the 2023 CAMEO Summit on June 7-8, 2023 in Sacramento!
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is three of our staff members’ work anniversaries! Thank you Heidi, Emily, and Liza for being a part of CAMEO.
State Policy Update – A Win
SB 33 passed out of the Senate Banking Committee on a vote 6-0 with one abstention.
It will be heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee on April 11 – please call in to support! It’s easy but important. You say your name, organization and “I support SB 33” – that’s it!
If you’d like to be on our support letter, sign here.
In other news, CAMEO supports the following state budget requests spearheaded by our colleagues:
- $14 million for CalFresh at Farmers Markets
- $5 million for an Employee Ownership Hub with GO-Biz
- $50 million for California Inclusive Procurement
This Month: Managing Big Bucks Webinar
Many of you have questions about your organizational cash management and FDIC insurance given the recent events in the banking industry. Join our webinar on “Managing Big Bucks – Cash Management for Your Org” on April 14, 2023 from 11:00 am -12:00 pm PT.
We will be joined by Jeff Holliday from US Bank. We’ll have a Q&A, so send us your questions through Eventbrite or email them to Liza Rivera before April 10.
Next Month: Microlending Essentials 2023
Microlending Essentials is one of CAMEO’s most popular trainings. The five-day class teaches nonprofit staff the fundamental skills for consistent, quality microloan underwriting.
Sign up for Microlending Essentials 2023 on May 8-12 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm PT.
The class is more than half full, so don’t wait! Tickets are $650 for CAMEO members and $1,300 for non-members.
For Your Clients
- Project Equity is hosting a “Bay Area Employee Ownership 101” webinar on April 27, 2023 at 10:00 am PT.
- The NorCal PTAC is hosting an in-person workshop on “How to Do Business with the State of California” on April 28, 2023 in Fort Bragg, CA.
- Our friends at the CalAsian Chamber of Commerce are conducting a survey to document the challenges faced by business owners.
- The U.S. Census Bureau’s informational video helps business owners “Locate and Analyze Your Customers and Market with Census Business Builder.”
- The Greenlining Institute published its 2022 Bank Board Diversity Analysis.
- Staff Kudos: Congratulations on their work anniversaries to: Heidi Pickman (12 years), Emily Gasner (4 years), and Liza Rivera-Gonzalez (2 years)!
- Jobs: CAMEO, Accessity, and Renaissance announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!