In this Must Know…
- California State Budget 2021
- Welcome New CAMEO Members!
- Join the White House’s Business Leader Briefing TODAY at 11:00am PT
- CAMEO is hiring a Marketing Specialist.
- Reminder: CAMEO will be closed tomorrow and every Friday in July.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2020 Business Applications by County.
California State Budget 2021
The California legislature approved a $263 billion budget proposal Monday that is now sitting on Governor Gavin Newsom’s desk.
While negotiations were over homelessness, transportation, and education, most of the small business pieces were not up for negotiation. Some of the budget pieces that will benefit our sector and your clients include:
- $1.5 Billion added to the COVID-19 Relief Grant Program.
- $2 billion in Unemployment Insurance tax credits.
- $150 million for the California Venues Grant Program.
- A $50 million one-time allocation for micro-business relief, plus $35 million to support microgrants up to $10,000.
- $5.4 million for technical assistance for Underserved Farmers.
Welcome New Members!
The CAMEO network keeps growing all the time. During the second quarter of 2021, we welcomed six new members to our ranks. You can learn more about them below:
- Action Associates Business Cooperative
- Alchemist CDC
- Mandela Partners
- MCS BusinessSource Center
- Start Small Think Big
- California State University, Fresno, who join us as an Advocacy Champion! If you want to learn more about this membership level, click here.
Business Leader Briefing with the White House
CAMEO and the Public Private Strategies Institute invite you to join us TODAY at 11:00am PT for a business leader briefing with Gene Sperling, the White House American Rescue Plan Coordinator and Senior Advisor to the President. Gene will give important updates on:
- The implementation of the American Rescue Plan
- The Child Care Tax Credit (CTC), Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), & Paid Leave Tax Credit
The U.S. Census Bureau released the data on 2020 Business Applications by County.
IRC, CIELO, and Uptima announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!