In this Must Know…
- Save The Dates: Microlending Events
- Join a business leader briefing with U.S. Secretary of the Department of Labor Martin J. Walsh TODAY at 1:30pm PT.
- What Delta Means for California’s Reopening
- This week’s Goodie highlight is news that the Senate passed the bipartisan infrastructure bill.
Save The Dates: Microlending Events
CAMEO’s CDFI Incubator is a comprehensive suite of programs for young mission-based lenders that would like to strengthen their lending infrastructure, knowledge, and skills for greater impact and stronger portfolios.
Mark your calendar for two of the Incubator’s most popular programs:
Microlenders Forum – September 29, 2021. CAMEO convenes our 35 lending organizations each year to discuss cutting-edge industry developments, discuss challenges and offer training. Agenda and registration forthcoming!
Microlending Essentials – October 25-29, 2021. This 5-day course trains business coaching and lending organizations on the practice of microlending underwriting, to support access-to-capital programs for micro-businesses. If you’re interested in attending, email Liza Rivera.
Business Leader Briefing with Secretary of Labor
Join Small Business for America’s Future TODAY, August 12, at 1:30pm PT for a business leader briefing with U.S. Secretary of the Department of Labor Martin J. Walsh.
The Secretary will give important updates on the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal, the Care Economy, and more.
We welcome you to share this event with your clients and other business assistance organizations in your network.
What Delta Means for California’s Reopening
Last week, Sutter Health Chief Quality and Safety Officer Dr. Bill Isenberg led an informative discussion with UCSF infectious and contagious disease expert Dr. Monica Gandhi and California Department of Public Health COVID Local Response Program Coordinator Dr. Caroline Kurtz on the science behind the highly contagious delta variant and what it means for California’s reopening and a return to normalcy. Watch the recording and access resources here.
For Your Clients
- The SBA Office of Advocacy published ”Small Business Facts: Women-Owned Employer Businesses.”
- The SBA Office of Advocacy published a fact sheet on Small Business Commodity Challenges.
- USDA is inviting applications for the Rural Microentrepreneur Assistance Program for FY2022. The deadline for the First Quarter competition is September 30, 2021.
- EDA announced $3 billion in funding opportunities to invest in communities impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.