In this Must Know…
- Responding to COVID-19
- CAMEO in Action – Results for the SBA Microloan Program
- Join us on March 19, 2020 at 12:00pm PDT for our Third Thursday Webinar, “Small Businesses Creating Good Jobs.”
- This week’s Goodie highlight is NALCAB’s technical assistance program to help MDOs access SBA resources.
Responding to COVID-19
As the World Health Organization has declared a pandemic, CAMEO staff will work from home for the near future to contribute to containment efforts.
Please check out the GO-Biz website for coronavirus-related resources for small businesses and what the federal government’s SBA loans are for businesses and nonprofits. Check our blog post for the latest news relating to small business and bookmark our COVID-19 Resource page, which will be updated with new information as we have it.
As you may know, this week’s MicroLenders Forum 2020 was postponed following the Google Community Space’s temporary closure. Of course we’re disappointed, but we will reschedule. If you have a microlending issue that you’d like to discuss with us, please email Heidi.
CAMEO in Action
Yesterday, the House Small Business Committee unanimously passed the Microloan Improvement Act of 2020 (H.R. 6079) and the MicroLoan Transparency and Accountability Act of 2020 (H.R. 6078), two bills that make important changes to the SBA microloan program.
Specifically, H.R. 6079 eliminates the outdated 1/55th rule governing the distribution of microloans – a change that Carolina advocated for during her House testimony last year.
Webinar: Small Businesses Creating Good Jobs
Join us on Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 2:00pm PDT for our Third Thursday Webinar, “Small Businesses Creating Good Jobs.”
Pacific Community Ventures’ Sanjana Seth will walk you through the steps your clients can take to implement a good jobs strategy and become more competitive. She will also showcase PCV’s Good Jobs, Good Business toolkit.
Webinars & Other Opportunities
- Join CBA’s free webinar, “Applying Human-Centered Design to Financial Health” on March 19, 2020 at 11:00am PDT.
- NALCAB will provide technical assistance to MDOs to help them access SBA resources. Applications are due April 30, 2020.
- Policy News: Read policy insights and recommendations on small business issues from the 2020 California Policy Summit on our blog.
- CAMEO, MEDA, and EDFC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!