“Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg.
In this Must Know…
- Join our Racial Justice Listening Session next Friday, October 16, 2020 at 1:00pm PDT
- Voting, a Public Service Announcement
- Federal Reserve Small Business Credit Survey
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Fundera’s list of small business grants available in 2020.
Racial Justice Listening Session
Racial justice is at the forefront of our minds lately and is baked into our vision – that all entrepreneurs have access to the resources they need to succeed.
With violence against people of color and the unequal effects of COVID, we’re thinking about how best to achieve that vision. We want to know what you think, what’s important to you, and where CAMEO can lead or collaborate more boldly in the economic justice realm.
Join our next Friday Listening Session on October 16, 2020 at 1:00pm PDT. We’ll also kick it off with a quick federal update from Ann Sullivan, our person in DC.
Voting, A Public Service Announcement
All Californians will receive a vote-by-mail ballot because of COVID. If you want to vote in person you have to take your vote-by-mail ballot to the polling place on Election Day, Nov 3 (mark your calendar). If you don’t, the polling staff has to call the County Clerk’s office to determine if you voted or not OR you will receive a provisional ballot until they ascertain that you haven’t double voted.
Save your vote-by-mail ballot. If you want to vote in person on Nov. 3rd, take your vote-by-mail ballot with you. Don’t throw it away.
Federal Reserve Small Business Credit Survey
CAMEO is partnering with the Federal Reserve on the 2020 Small Business Credit Survey. The survey highlights the experiences of small businesses and provides critical information that service providers, policymakers, and lenders use to improve programs for small business owners.
Please ask your clients to participate. The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete and is also available in Spanish. All responses are confidential.
- The By Black Conference, taking place October 14-16, 2020, will provide tools of empowerment to support black-owned businesses.
- COOK Alliance’s “Home Cooked 2020 Convening” takes place virtually on October 20-21, 2020.
For Your Clients
- The Biden/Harris campaign is holding a Business Leader Briefing to discuss Joe Biden’s plans for small business on October 15, 2020 at 2:00pm PDT. You can attend, too.
- Fundera put together a list of small business grants available in 2020.
Funding & Resources
- Wells Fargo is seeking proposals for a $50M grant program as part of its Open for Business Fund that will provide technical assistance to nonprofits helping microbusinesses recover and rebuild. The deadline is October 23, 2020.
- CBA’s new Credit Builder Loan Toolkit guides organizations through the steps of setting up a CBL program.
- Free Webinar: The Cal Asian Chamber of Commerce is holding a webinar on California Resiliency and Recovery on October 13, 2020 at 9:00am PDT.
- Jobs: Self-Help Credit Union, Chicanos Por La Causa, and CDC Small Business Finance announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!