In this Must Know…
- Congrats President Biden! Let’s Talk (Small) Business
- Join us TODAY at 10:00am PST for a Train-the-Trainer webinar on the California Relief Grant program.
- CAMEO is hiring an Outreach Specialist/Manager.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the NorCal SBDC’s RFP for organizations interested in being part of the SBDC Network in 2022.
President Biden’s Small Business Priorities
Congratulations to President Joe Biden and Vice President Harris. We’re happy to celebrate this historic moment! We look forward to rolling up our sleeves and working for our small and micro businesses with this Administration. And our work is cut out for us.
Before taking office, President Biden indicated that COVID-19 relief would be his first priority. His “Build Back Better” plan contains a $1.9 trillion package designed to provide direct relief to communities struggling through the pandemic. The plan includes support for small businesses in the form of $35 billion for low-interest loans, $15 billion in grants, extension of unemployment benefits for self-employed workers, and other provisions.
The Senate also began confirmation hearings for President Biden’s Cabinet nominees, including Janet Yellen for the Treasury Department. Read more in our blog.
Train-the-Trainer: CA Relief Grant Program
The California Relief Grant Program Round 1 closed on January 13, and Round 2 will open February 2nd.
Join us TODAY at 10:00am PST for a Train-the-Trainer webinar on the program in preparation for Round 2. This session is for those who didn’t participate in Round 1 or who did but want more training and knowledge on how to best prepare their clients. We’ll share best practices and answer your questions.
CAMEO Is Hiring!
CAMEO is searching for an Outreach Specialist/Manager.
Are you passionate about the power of business ownership and the potential of local businesses to drive their economies? Join us!
This position will track and support the workflow process of member-focused projects and programs with a focus on Los Angeles and Southern California. Please help us spread the word!
For Your Clients
- Accion Opportunity Fund is holding a webinar on “Fundamentals of Financial Documents” on January 26, 2021 at 12:00pm PST.
- SBA announced the launch of the 2021 Emerging Leaders initiative for executives of small businesses poised for growth in underserved markets.
- Join CalNonprofits’ webinar, “Starting a Nonprofit in California” on January 28, 2021 at 11:00am PST.
- Join Boston Private’s webinar “Covid-19 Legal Update: All About Employment Law” on February 11, 2021 at 10:00am PST. To RSVP, email Hayana Guerrero.
- The CDFI Rapid Response Programwill release its NOFA no later than February 25, 2021. Interested CDFIs are encouraged to start their preparations to apply as soon as possible.
- The NorCal SBDC has launched an RFP process for organizations interested in being part of the SBDC Network in 2022.
- New Research: SBA Office of Advocacy published Do Banks Lend Where They Borrow? A Study On Local Small Business Lending In The U.S.
- Jobs: TMC Community Capital, MEDA, and Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!