In this Must Know…
- Predatory Lending Awareness Campaign
- Join “How Farm Businesses are Pivoting during COVID-19: Resources for Advisors Assisting Small Farms” TODAY at 3:00pm PDT.
- Advocacy Day Goes Virtual on June 9!
- CAMEO joins Small Business Majority on a California Policy Brief TOMORROW at 10:00am PDT.
- Please take our COVID Response Survey.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is SBA’s PRIME Grant announcement. Deadline is May 31, 2020.
Predatory Lending Awareness Campaign
With the spread of COVID-19 and its subsequent effects on the economy and small businesses in particular, entrepreneurs and business owners are in dire need of capital. While CAMEO, our members, and colleagues are working around the clock to facilitate access to loans, grants, and other funding, we know many small businesses will turn to online loan products.
Plenty of online lending companies are reputable and transparent, but it is hard to tell which products are predatory and can put businesses in a more precarious position than they are right now.
We developed a social media toolkit to help borrowers discern the true costs of online loans and how to find a loan product that best fits their needs. Please help us spread the word!
How Farm Businesses Are Pivoting During COVID-19
Join us TODAY at 3:00pm PDT for “How Farm Businesses are Pivoting during COVID-19: Resources for Advisors Assisting Small Farms.”
Stepheni Norton, owner of a small plot urban farm in San Diego South Bay and expert advisor to small farms, will offer important business resources that are key to helping small farms during these unprecedented times. This session is intended for TA providers, consultants, and advisors to small farms.
Save The Date: Advocacy Day
We are going virtual! In light of the current pandemic and stay-at-home orders, we are retooling the Advocacy Day 2020 program to make it an online event including virtual meetings with your legislators.
We’ll share the updated agenda and other details soon, so stay tuned. Join us June 9, 2020 to support our advocacy efforts in these challenging times.
- Opportunity Finance Network’s 2020 Small Business Finance Forum: Virtual Edition will take place June 16-17, 2020.
- CBA’s 7th Annual Credit Building Symposium is now taking place virtually from June 16 to July 9, 2020.
- EDA is now accepting applications for $1.5 billion in CARES Act supplemental funds. Join CALED’s webinar with EDA on May 13, 2020 at 2:30pm PDT.
- SBA announced the availability of funding for PRIME. Proposals are due on May 31, 2020.
- SBA Office of Advocacy published Small Business Facts: Early Data Show Severe Disruptions.
- ICIC’s most recent paper discusses which communities are most vulnerable to economic collapse during the coronavirus crisis.
- PPP Update: SBA updated the Frequently Asked Questions and shared a summary of PPP2 loan data.
- Jobs: The Bay Area Regional Health Inequities Initiative, FHL Bank of San Francisco, and MEDA announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!