In this Must Know…
- Join our CDFI Governance training series and check out the CAMEO Impact Fund.
- Take Action: Endorse the Small Business Financing Disclosure Act.
- It’s National Veterans Small Business Week! Support veteran-owned small businesses in your community.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is NCRC’s conversation on the CRA’s new rule with the Federal Reserve Vice Chair and Acting Comptroller of the Currency TOMORROW, November 3, 2023 at 12:30pm PT.
Opportunities for CDFIs
CDFI Governance Training
This three-part series, part of CAMEO’s National CDFI Academy, is designed to educate CDFI staff and leadership on the key principles of CDFI governance and guide them through the basic steps in creating a successful governance structure. The sessions will take place November 28, December 5, and December 12, 2023.
CAMEO Impact Fund
Did you know CAMEO is an intermediary lender to CDFIs and mission-based lenders? We have deployed five loans to CDFIs totaling $880,000, and we seek to make more investments in California microlenders. Please contact Emily Gasner to learn more.
California 2023 Legislative Roundup
The California 2023 legislative cycle officially came to a close last month. It was a very active legislative session, with the Legislature introducing more bills than it had in over a decade and Governor Newsom signing almost 1,000 bills. Throughout the year, CAMEO tracked 47 bills related to small business, nonprofits, and other topics. Seven out of our eight top-priority bills were signed into law, including two of our sponsored bills – SB 33 and SB 666.
Take Action: Endorse Federal Truth-in-Lending Legislation
The “Small Business Financing Disclosure Act of 2023″ will ensure that entrepreneurs can access responsible, affordable capital that will help their business thrive, not force them out of business.
You can also use this two-page explainer to advocate for the Act among your networks.
- The Common Future Accelerator offers $50,000 in grants to organizations working to dismantle economic inequality. Applications close TOMORROW, November 3, 2023.
- Join the CalAsian Chamber’s 10th Annual Policy Summit, with CA Forward and Small Business Majority on November 8, 2023 at 11:00am PT to discuss the role of clean energy in shaping an equitable California.
- Join NCRC’s conversation on the CRA’s new rule with the Federal Reserve Vice Chair and Acting Comptroller of the Currency TOMORROW, November 3, 2023 at 12:30pm PT.
- Join the Federal Reserve of San Francisco on November 9, 2023 at 10:00am PT for “Child Care Impacts on the Labor Market: Solutions and Opportunities.”
For Your Clients
- Reimagine Main Street is hosting the webinar “Top Talent: How Can Small Employers Excel at Recruiting and Training?” on November 9, 2023 at 11:00am PT.
- Verizon is offering $10,000 grants through their Small Business Digital Ready program. Applications close December 20, 2023.
- Take Action: Support the Rural Microentrepreneur Assistance Act of 2023 by signing this letter to Congress.
- Jobs: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Project Equity, LIFT, Inc., and Alchemist CDC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!