In this Must Know…
- Join our Strategic Management Framework Courses from March 15 – April 5, 2023.
- NCRC #JustEconomy Conference
- Women’s History Month
- CAMEO is hiring a VP of Finance and Operations.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is the Federal Reserve’s 2023 Report on Employer Firms: Findings from the 2022 Small Business Credit Survey.
Next Week: Strategic Management Framework Courses
CDFIs need a robust strategic management framework in order to achieve a strong performance and reach their service goals. To this end, CAMEO’s National CDFI Academy created the Strategic Management Framework Course Series for CDFI senior staff and board leadership.
The four-course series will be offered over a four-week period from March 15 through April 5, 2023. The first course, Overview of a Strategic Management Framework, is also offered as a standalone course.
NCRC #JustEconomy Conference
NCRC’s 2023 Just Economy Conference is on March 29-30, 2023 in Washington, DC. It will be two days of learning, networking and creating impact with community leaders across the country.
CAMEO will moderate a panel, “Economic Frontline Responders: What Worked and What Didn’t for State Small Business Policy Responses” on March 30 at 2:00 pm ET. We’d love to see you there! If you’re planning to attend the conference, please let Heidi know.
Women’s History Month
March is Women’s History Month, when we commemorate the important contributions that women have made to society throughout history.
CAMEO honors the contributions of women entrepreneurs who have persevered through hardships and built successful businesses that provide prosperity to their families and communities. Read their inspiring stories here. And if you’d like to share your own stories of successful women business owners, send them our way!
- Join Small Business Majority’s National Policy Brief with the Senate Committee on Small Business TOMORROW at 10:00 am PT.
Policy & Advocacy
- CAMEO was quoted in support of Senator Ben Cardin’s legislation, the NEW START Act, which empowers returning citizens to start businesses.
- Take Action: Sign onto this letter to ask California Legislative Budget Leadership to fund the Employee Ownership Hub.
- The Federal Reserve published the 2023 Report on Employer Firms: Findings from the 2022 Small Business Credit Survey.
- The Progressive Policy Institute and AEO released From Prison to Business: Entrepreneurship as A Reentry Strategy.