“Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg.
In this Must Know…
- New State Small Business Relief
- Join our next Train-the-Trainer webinar for the California Rebuilding Fund TOMORROW at 11:30am PST.
- CAMEO is hiring a temporary Project Manager.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Community Vision’s webinar on financial management on December 9, 2020.
New State Small Business Relief
On Monday, California Governor Gavin Newsom announced a new set of measures designed to aid small businesses impacted by COVID-19 and its related restrictions. CAMEO thanks the Governor and the Legislature for this unprecedented support for small business. These measures will tackle the ongoing challenges posed by the pandemic through three fronts:
- COVID Relief Grants. CalOSBA will administer $500 million in grants of up to $25,000 to underserved small businesses through CDFIs.
- California Rebuilding Fund. The Fund will receive an increase of $12.5 million, which will allow it to be fully capitalized and make even more low-interest loans.
- Tax Relief. There will be an automatic three-month income tax extension for taxpayers filing less than $1 million in sales tax, as well as additional measures for larger companies.
CA Rebuilding Fund Train-the-Trainer
Join our next Train-the-Trainer for the California Rebuilding Fund TOMORROW at 11:30am PST.
Training topics for this session include reading credit reports and debt ratios.
We added an extra half hour to the training to leave time for feedback and questions about how the project is working for your staff and clients, now that it’s been online for two weeks.
CAMEO Is Hiring!
CAMEO is seeking a Project Manager for a 3-month project to match California small businesses with its network of nonprofit organization members who provide free training, coaching, and consulting for entrepreneurs to assist them in becoming loan ready and accessing resources to help strengthen their businesses. The project requires 5 to 10 hours of coordination per week. This project is directly connected to the California Rebuilding Fund.
- Results from the U.S. Census Bureau’s Small Business Pulse Survey are released weekly starting November 19, 2020 through January 14, 2021.
- The Aspen Institute published The State of Financial Security 2020: A Framework for Recovery and Resilience.
- Join Community Vision’s webinar, “Financial Management 201: Budgeting & Pivoting for Mid-Term Planning,” on December 9, 2020 at 10:00am PST.
- Join the San Francisco JVS’ virtual workshop on solutions for job seekers and small business needs December 15, 2020 at 11:30am PST.
For Your Clients
- To receive a tax credit tentative reservation through the Small Business Tax Credit, qualifying small businesses need to apply to the CDTFA between December 1, 2020 and January 15, 2021.
- Shopify is committing nearly $130 million to Operation HOPE’s One Million New Black Business & New Black Entrepreneurship Initiative.
- Funding Opportunity: Frontline Solutions’ Elevate Initiative will offer grants to organizations working to dismantle structural barriers that impede the economic mobility of Black and Brown workers.
- Jobs: The Runway Project, Kitchen Table Advisors, and Women’s Economic Ventures announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!