In this Must Know…
- Join Microlending Essentials Online from March 22-26, 2021
- Bayview Revolving Loan Fund
- Federal Reserve Small Business Credit Survey
- CAMEO is hiring an Outreach Specialist/Manager
- Join our CDFI Essentials 2021 Cohort
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Small Business Majority’s Friday policy update at 11:00am PST on February 12, 2021, featuring Heidi Pickman.
Microlending Essentials Spring 2021
Developed by Susan Brown, our VP of Capacity Building, Microlending Essentials is one of CAMEO’s most in-demand and valued training programs.
The five-part online class provides the fundamental skills for consistent, quality microloan underwriting.
This introductory training covers multiple analyses: global cash, credit history, debt-to-income, and bank statement. Participants also underwrite and write credit memos for three actual microloan applications.
Join our upcoming Microlending Essentials Online training from March 22 to March 26, 2021, 9:30am – 12:30pm PST.
Bayview Revolving Loan Fund
Funded by the D10 Implementation Committee and administered by Working Solutions with Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, the Small Business Revolving Loan Fund will make affordable loans of $5,000- $50,000 and free business consulting available to eligible small businesses in San Francisco’s District 10.
CAMEO provided consulting services to the Committee to support this fund. CAMEO offers organizational assistance on a variety of topics. If interested in CAMEO’s consulting services, please email Heidi Pickman.
Fed Survey on Small Biz
The Federal Reserve Banks released the Small Business Credit Survey: 2021 Report on Employer Firms last week. The report provides data on small businesses’ performance and expectations in 2020. Some of the findings include:
- Sales for 88% of the firms had not returned to pre-pandemic levels.
- 64% said they would apply for another round of government aid if it were offered.
- 79% of Asian-owned firms, 77% of Black-owned firms, and 66% of Latinx-owned firms characterized their financial condition as “fair” or “poor.”
- The National Women’s Business Council released its 2020 #LetsTalkBusiness Roundtable Series Report, a collection of testimonials from women entrepreneurs on current challenges and opportunities.
- A new study by NCRC shows more evidence of inequity in access to bank services for pandemic small business assistance.
For Your Clients
- CAMEO’s Heidi Pickman joins Small Business Majority on their Friday policy updates at 11:00am PST on February 12, 2021 (and every Friday).
- The Proposition 1B Program will provide over $50 million in funds to help freight businesses reduce emissions. Applications are due April 30, 3021.
- Professional Opportunity: The 2021 CDFI Coalition Institute brings together a diverse range of CDFIs from across the country for policy discussions and advocacy. This year’s conference will take place virtually on March 9, 2021 from 7:30am to 3:00pm PST.
- Jobs: The Lawyer’s Committee for Civil Rights, California Asset Building Coalition, and CAMEO announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!