In this Must Know…
- Local Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Toolkit
- 2019 Faces of Entrepreneurship Winner
- Join our Crowdfunding webinar on November 21, 2019
- Celebrate our 25th Anniversary on December 5, 2019 in San Francisco
- This week’s Goodie highlight is SBA’s article, “5 Ways to Kickstart Your Small Business This National Entrepreneurship Month.”
Local Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Toolkit
Over the last decade, CAMEO has witnessed several trends that call for a new tool in the economic development toolbox, including a shift in the concept of “jobs,” automation, and diminishing employment opportunities in traditional industries.
To respond to these changes, we have created a toolkit that takes a place-based approach to rural economic development and fosters a healthy ecosystem for the creation and growth of small businesses.
Celebrate Faces Winner
We are very excited to announce our second 2019 Faces of Entrepreneurship Award winner:
Congrats to Lena’s Soul Food Cafe! Lena’s is a black-owned business started by Oakland native Calvin Andrews, who consciously invests in his staff and his community. Learn more about his initiatives at our 25th anniversary celebration.
Thanks to Main Street Launch, El Pajaro CDC, and all the organizations who submitted a nomination!
Are you curious about crowdfunding as a source of capital for your clients? Join “How to Know if Crowdfunding is Right for Your Clients” on November 21, 2019 at 2:00 pm PT.
Crowdfund Better’s Kathleen Minogue will walk you through a process where success is based on communication, trust, and transparency.
Webinar attendees can submit client profiles for an assessment of crowdfunding-readiness – made possible by our PRIME grant.
For Your Clients
- SBA published “5 Ways to Kickstart Your Small Business This National Entrepreneurship Month.”
- The Winter Fancy Food Show is a trade-only event to promote business growth in the specialty food industry. It’s on January 19-21, 2020 in San Francisco.
- Take Action: The New Markets Tax Credit expires on December 31, 2019. Sign your organization onto the NMTC Coalition’s letter to Congress to preserve it. Signatures are accepted until tomorrow.
- Prospera, FHL Bank of San Francisco, and Mandela Partners announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!