In this Must Know…
- Introducing CAMEOnetwork.org
- Faces of Entrepreneurship Nominations Are Now Open!
- Get tickets for CAMEO’s 25th Anniversary Celebration on December 5, 2019.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is NALCAB’s 2019 National Training.
CAMEO is proud to announce our newly redesigned website and domain name —CAMEOnetwork.org.
Our new website offers a clear message of who we are, what we do, and the value that we provide for our members. All the CAMEO content and resources you know and love are still there, and are easier to navigate. We changed the domain to more accurately reflect who we are – the network that supports underserved entrepreneurs.
Please note that our email addresses have also changed, so make sure to update your Contacts and Safe Sender list. Email going to microbiz.org will be forwarded.
Faces of Entrepreneurship Nominations Are Open!
Last year, Andrew McDowell of With Love Market & Cafe and Alicia Villanueva of Alicia’s Tamales Los Mayas won the Faces of Entrepreneurship Award, and shared their stories with us at our Annual Member Meeting.
This year, it could be your client! Nominate your clients with inspiring success stories for the award, which this year will be presented at our 25th Anniversary Celebration. Winners will be selected based on the following criteria: type of business, region, demonstrated growth and job creation, and contributions to their community.
Nominate your businesses by Friday, October 25, 2019.
Celebrate 25 Years with Us
Join us on Thursday, December 5, 2019, from 6:00-8:00 pm at the Wells Fargo Community Space in San Francisco for our 25th Anniversary Celebration.
We have a great evening planned with friends – old and new, the 2019 Faces of Entrepreneurship Awards, yummy food, and more.
- To celebrate our 25th, CAMEO received a $250,000 PRIME grant. Congrats also go to WEV and Working Solutions.
- Three CAMEO members received TA awards from the CDFI Fund: EDFC, Economic Justice Fund, and Feed the Hunger.
For Your Clients
- Small Business California’s annual survey is now open for response from small business owners in California.
- The Pan African Trade Conference is October 15-17, 2019 in Sacramento.
- Credit Builders Alliance’s “Credit as an Asset” virtual training starts September 30, 2019, while the in-person training starts November 12, 2019 in Detroit.
- The 2019 NALCAB National Training, the ultimate event for Latino community development professionals, takes place November 18-21, 2019 in San Antonio, Texas.
- Take Action: Download October Federal Recess Package and contact legislators about PRIME and WBC funding.
- Jobs: Operation HOPE is looking for volunteers while Aspen Institute and Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!