<![CDATA[Happy Holidays! CAMEO is honored, delighted and grateful to be working with such a dedicated group of people. We wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season and see you in 2017!
- Gift from US DOL!
- Shop Local for the Holidays
- The Gig Economy and The New Era Workforce, A CALED-CAMEO Webinar
- Renew your membership/join us and gift your organization a year of training, advocacy and connections.
- The Goodies – This week’s highlight is The High Road Workplace on January 12, 2017, from 5:30-7:45pm at New Resource Bank, 255 California Street, Suite 600, San Francisco. Join ASBC and CAMEO for an in-depth discussion of the benefits and challenges of the High Road Workplace (invite your clients!).
Gift from US DOL!Just in time for the holidays, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has given us something we’ve wanted for a long time – performance measures for the self-employed entrepreneurs so that entrepreneurship training is covered! This is a huge win for us as we’ve been working on this issue for years. DOL issued “Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 10-16“. In the letter, DOL makes clear that entrepreneurship training is covered by these programs and funding and can be included in performance metrics through “supplemental wage data.” A list of DOL’s examples of supplemental wage information will be released in January 2017, but states can come up with their own measures. Examples that we know of include Q2, Q4, and median income. Once we analyze DOL’s suggested supplemental wage information and get a copy of the Local Performance Report template in January, we’ll form a strategy to approach workforce boards with this guidance to integrate entrepreneurial training into the workforce system in a comprehensive manner. Let us know if you want to work on this issue with us. Email Claudia.
Shop Local for the HolidaysMore local gift guides have come in for your last minute shopping.
- Main Street Launch
- Accion San Diego’s guides in Imperial County, Riverside County, San Diego County, and San Bernardino County.
- Opportunity Fund
- Centro Community Partners also have guides.
- ICA’s 2016 Good Goods
- 12 Ways of Giving from Renaissance
The Gig Economy and The New Era Workforce, A CALED-CAMEO WebinarToday, the number of small business is growing exponentially – and it’s not because typical small businesses are opening more doors. It’s because of the growing numbers of self-employed. The challenge is to help these entrepreneurs manage their multiple income streams so that they can survive and thrive and achieve viable incomes – and ultimately create wealth. Wednesday, January 4, 2017 1:00-2:00pm PST Join us for a discussion about the gig economy, the new era workforce of self-employed entrepreneurs and how our field can support their success.
- Explore the data, trends, and opportunities with new research by the Federal Reserve Board.
- Understand The Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: Coaching, Capital, Connection to Markets, Climate – What are some of the solutions being implemented right now to create opportunity for all in the gig economy?
- What are some of the solutions of the future and what do economic developers need to know?