In this Must Know…
- Happy New Year! Join us in January
- Welcome Melissa Cruz in Los Angeles
- Big Wins on FY2020 Federal Budget
Happy 2020! Join Us!
What CAMEO has in store for you in January and early February:
- Third Thursday Webinar: Tech Tools for TA on January 16, 2020 at 2:00pm PST.
- San Francisco Regional Member Meeting with SBA on January 14. Contact Heidi for an invite.
- Central Valley Regional Member Meeting on January 17.
- MicroLending Essentials (MiLEs) on January 22-23 in San Francisco. Early Bird ends January 6.
- Cooking up Success, a webinar series with NALCAB on January 23, February 6, and 20
- Join Entrepreneurship Advantage in Los Angeles on February 11.
Join us for one of our webinars on tech tools for TA providers or at one of our regional meetings in San Francisco, Fresno or Los Angeles.
And if you’re looking for underwriting training our MiLEs class is for you.
Welcome Melissa Cruz
Please give a warm CAMEO welcome to Melissa Cruz who will be helping us with the Entrepreneurship Advantage collaborative in Los Angeles and our programs. Melissa comes to us way of Opportunity Fund, so she’ll hit the ground running! You can reach her starting Monday, January 6 at mcruz@CAMEOnetwork.org.
Federal FY2020 Funding Wins
Surprise, surprise, we ended 2019 with a FY2020 federal budget and avoided a shut down (compared to FY2019 budget that didn’t come until February 2019 after a shutdown).
For the most part, the budget items that we care about did very well. The CDFI Fund, SBA programs and USDA programs all received increases in funding over 2019! CAMEO was aggressive in its requests so we didn’t hit all our marks, but we’re happy with the results. Most notably is a doubling of the RMAP program and a $4 million increase for the WBCs. All in all, a great year for federal advocacy!