“History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.” – Maya Angelou
In this Must Know…
- Join our Policy Update Listening Session TOMORROW at 12:00pm PDT.
- Federal Policy Updates
- PUA Help for the Self-Employed
- Join Advocacy Day 2020: Virtual Edition on July 21, 2020.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is HCD’s Community Development Block Grant NOFA and the information webinar on June 29.
Listening Session: Policy Update
We know that each of you are implementing programs and procedures to help your clients during the pandemic.
Join us TOMORROW at 12:00pm PDT for our latest listening session and Federal and State Policy Update.
Much has gone on in the last week including new federal relief legislation, movement on transparency, and the state budget (see blog post below). Join us and our policy experts to tease out what it all means.
Federal Policy Updates
SBA announced that it will begin making public data on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) that was not previously disclosed. For loans between $150,000 and $1 million, SBA will disclose the business names, addresses, NAICS codes, zip codes, business type, demographic data, non-profit information, jobs supported, and loan amount range.
Senators Rubio, Cruz, and Scott also introduced a bill to expand PPP eligibility to Chambers of Commerce. Check out our latest MicroBiz Blog to learn more.
PUA Help for the Self-Employed
CAMEO is partnering with Zitrin Family Foundation, Legal Aid At Work, and the Renaissance Center to help self-employed workers in California through a legal clinic that will check eligibility and walk people through the application process.
Please help us spread the word and refer your clients who may need the help. You can access our toolkit for cut and paste emails and social media posts.
- The California HCD Department released an amendment to the federal 2019-20 Community Development Block Grant NOFA that extends the Economic Development program application deadline to September 15, 2020.
- EDA is now accepting applications for $1.5 billion in CARES Act supplemental funds.
- Asset Funders Network is hosting “Saving Our Small Businesses: It’s Now or Never,” a virtual conversation on supporting small businesses during this crisis and beyond on June 29, 2020 at 11:00am PDT.
- HCD will host a webinar on the Community Development Block Grant on June 29, 2020 at 1:30pm PDT.
- JPMorgan Chase released a report on Small Business Financial Outcomes during the Onset of COVID-19.
- McKinsey published a report on COVID-19’s effect on minority small businesses in the United States.
- New Resource: Outsmart Disaster 2020 helps businesses in California build resiliency for a wide range of disasters, including a pandemic.
- Jobs: Renaissance, Small Business Majority, and Cutting Edge Capital announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!